We waved our flag today, just like every year.
I can't believe it's July 1st already. Homemade pizza and strawberry shortcake were part of our celebrations.
These past few weeks have been interesting as well as quite exhausting.
- We celebrated our 21st anniversary in the middle of June
- On the same day Boy15 forgot how tall he was and smacked his head on a door frame in a fit of youthful exuberance. Lots of blood and three stitches. Thank you.
- Three days later he left for Outward Bound in Schwangau with the rest of the 9th grade with instructions to get the stitches out 7 days later.
- The weekend before his brother left, Boy18 and a few of his friends got beaten up by some drunken punks at our local Stadtfest. They were all fine, just a bit bruised. The police are on the case.
- Boy18 graduated from high school the following Friday. The world is now his oyster but he's still looking for a sharp knife to pry it open with.
- We are re-doing his room completely and there are tools, building materials and dust bunnies spread all over the house. Vacuuming is an exercise is futility Boy15's room is next. Help.
- Both of our printers gave up the ghost in the same week.
- Vancouver's crazy, crazy house prices and insane buyers turned my parents into homeless millionaires for a couple of weeks when they sold their big house for even more than they were asking. Go figure. Last week they bought a smaller house and were able to put away a bit of spare change for a rainy day.
- Boy15 returned from Outward Bound in one piece. He loved it. We'll look at the 600 pictures he took tomorrow.
- I caught one of my baby toes on a chair leg today and it (the toe, not the chair)has turned interesting colours.
- My head hurts
I think I need a rest and I know just the place.
We finally (finally!) did something about this overgrown swing thingie that no one ever used.
My clever, clever husband made those Adirondack/Muskoka chairs with his own two hands (plans from Lee Valley
). They turned out beautifully and are so, so comfortable.
Just right for a loooong nap. Wake me up on Monday, OK?
Oh, and Happy Canada Day to all my Canuck pals out there!
Labels: Canada Day 2011