Tuesday, March 01, 2011

I feel so old

You know our first born? The one I used to call my tiny sweetheart when he was only a little bit of a thing? He turned 18 on Monday and is now officially allowed to drive by himself. Here he is many years ago practicing for the big day.




Boy15 decorated a cake for his big brother to commemorate this blessed event. You can bet he'll be hitching a ride from now on.




Despite being knocked out by a high fever on Sunday, the birthday boy managed to recover somewhat on Monday and ate his fair share of cheesecake, his favourite. Here's what's left of it. It was really, really good. I should know, I had two pieces.



Balloons were blown up, cards and money arrived from overseas and a brand new laptop was connected to the internet. Who could ask for more? It's exam season for those in their last year of high school so the Pac Man stress ball is going to come in handy, as are the Nintendo Power Mints should there be any cute chicks in the vicinity when all the stress is over. Little brother thinks of everything.



If you've been following my blog for a while you'll know that this is just the start of birthday season. We've got two more special days coming up in the next week and a half. I guess I better get baking...

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At March 02, 2011 2:29 AM, Blogger Thimbleanna said...

18! Holy Cow -- that even makes me feel old!!! Your boys were just Boy11 and Boy14 when I blogmet you -- Wow -- How time flies! Happy Birthday to Man18!!!

 
At March 02, 2011 2:56 AM, Blogger Lilian said...

Wow... yeah, I will feel really old only 8 years from now :(

Happy Birthday to your First born!!

 
At March 02, 2011 5:49 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

Looks so totally yummy! Will you adopt me before my next birthday?

 
At March 02, 2011 7:33 PM, Blogger swenglishexpat said...

Just wait til you get grandchildren! Congratulations to the big boy!

 
At March 03, 2011 5:30 AM, Blogger Rositta said...

Time flies Christina and the older you get the faster it flies. My offspring just turned 45, geesh I really feel old. Sadly though I still treat him as if he was 18, some things never change...ciao

 
At March 03, 2011 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mausi,
I hope you're feeling better these days. Cheers to your 18 yr old too! My youngest nephew is 18 now and he came and shoveled our driveway last week since his auntie pulled a muscle in her rotator cup. He's a charming young man probably just like yours!
Congratulations for surviving the teen years so gracefully.
Ciao ciao from Indy,
Lisa

 
At March 03, 2011 10:39 PM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

Wow - I think I remember when oldest boy was turning 13! Time does fly and yes it's wonderful to have so many birthdays during this time of year. WE will have 2!

But that cheesecake looks incredible!!! Yum yum!!!!

Happy Birthday wishes to all as I'm not certain I'll be reading much in the next weeks. :)

 
At March 05, 2011 7:39 AM, Blogger essie said...

i'm with Thimbleanna here...your boys were the ages of my biggers and wee-one when we blogmet-

Happy Birthday Wishes to the mausi hausi!!!

 
At March 06, 2011 6:32 PM, Blogger J said...

Funny, I was thinking the same about feeling old last week when one of our German teachers told me that her daughter was doing her abi oral soon. I said, "Is she that old now?" and she replied "This is the younger one. The older one is in her 2nd year of uni".

Happy Bday Boy1 and congrats Boy2 and Mr Mausi (since I can't wish them an early Happy Bday). And of course you, without whom none of this would have been possible :)

 
At March 07, 2011 12:55 PM, Blogger Ginnie said...

Man alive, Christina. He's 18 already??? I know that means you're really feeling your age. HA! Well, welcome to the clan. Enjoy these days while you have them because soon he'll be gone...I assume?

 
At March 11, 2011 9:24 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

How in the world can boy 12 already be boy18? That's just not possible.

Happy birthday! If the sweets are anything to go by it was a great one!

 
At April 08, 2011 1:48 AM, Blogger kath said...

I missed this post! It's so nice to see brothers do stuff for each other. Warms the cockles and all. :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.