Saturday, December 25, 2010

joy to the world

After a visit with the in-laws yesterday afternoon to exchange a few little presents we headed home for a Swiss Raclette and some serious lying around on the couch and watching the snowflakes fall. Best winter ever.

Today was equally laid back. Just the four of us for dinner. The wee turkey is in the oven and we'll be having this for dessert. A mandarin orange trifle that I've been making for years and years. So easy and everyone seems to like it.



Check out my awesome trifle bowl. Talk about weird things to bring back in a suitcase - I got it at the thrift store for $4.00 when we were on vacation in Vancouver this summer. It survived the trip in one piece and will come in handy for future celebrations.

That's all I got for ya this year. Still feeling a bit cheesy. More doctors, more suggested treatments to come in the new year. Oh joy. I AM hopeful, though, that 2011 will find me with a bit more engergy than 2010 did.

Wishing you and yours all the best and for those who are celebrating this weekend...


Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★Christmas!★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| 田田 |門| ˚


Labels:

13 Comments:

At December 25, 2010 6:06 PM, Blogger J said...

Merry Christmas!

2010 was the first year in 6 years that I haven't seen you. Miss ya.

 
At December 25, 2010 7:16 PM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

Merry Christmas and I'm confident both of us will feel less sick in 2011! I love your dessert bowl, and what else do you put in there besides those mandarines, looks amazing!!!

By the way, Raclette sounds so good right about now!!! Oh just maybe we can find something here..

 
At December 26, 2010 6:17 AM, Blogger Lilian said...

Thank you! It sounds like you had a really lovely Christmas with your family! I hope with all my heart 2011 will be a better year health-wise for you.

 
At December 26, 2010 9:55 AM, Blogger ditdit said...

Merry Christmas Christina.

 
At December 26, 2010 12:46 PM, Anonymous ian in hamburg said...

Merry Christmas, Christina! You going back next summer? Our tickets are already in the bag.

 
At December 26, 2010 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and it sounds like you did. I hope you have a healthier 2011 as well. Same for me!
Cheers,
Lisa in Indy

 
At December 28, 2010 12:56 AM, Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Oh Yum! That trifle looks delicious! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. And here's to 2011 -- the year of good health for Ms. Mausi!

 
At December 28, 2010 10:02 AM, Blogger essie said...

Merry Christmas Christina!!

 
At December 28, 2010 10:16 AM, Blogger Ginnie said...

I LIKE 'easy,' Christina, so if you have a spare minute, I'd love your mandarin orange trifle recipe. Mandarin oranges are so inexpensive here at this time of the year. It does indeed look good! I'm late on Merry Christmas but early on HAPPY NEW YEAR. I pray, indeed, 2011 will bring you much more energy and answers than 2010. You are so ready, I know.

 
At January 07, 2011 6:55 PM, Blogger swenglishexpat said...

Happy New Year, Christina. That trifle would not survive long on my table! Stay positive!

 
At January 07, 2011 11:36 PM, Blogger christina said...

J - You're right! Hopefully we can catch up in 2011.

Expat - I sure hope you'll be feeling better soon - tired is OK, sick is not! Cake and vanilla pudding in the trifle - it's SO easy.

Lilian - thanks so much for your kind thoughts!

didit - Happy New Year now! I am so slow. :-)

Ian in Hamburg - Nope, not this year. Went last year and will go again in 2012. Gotta save up the dough first!

Lisa in Indy - Thank you!

Thimbleanna - gotta get healthy one of these years so why not 2011, eh?

essie - Happy New Year!

Ginnie - recipe is finally on the way! Yes, I AM ready to get some answers. We'll see what the new year brings.

swenglish expat - Happy New Year! I'd send you some trifle but it got eaten within hours!

 
At January 15, 2011 9:36 AM, Blogger essie said...

Guten Rutsch Christina!!
I hope your new year is full of peace, joy, good health, and much love!
essie

 
At January 22, 2011 10:10 PM, Blogger Antoinette said...

I am really enjoying your blog! I am a New Zealander married to a German and we are living in Würzburg Germany. Am loving hearing all your stories!

antoinettemusik.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.