Sunday, October 31, 2010

scary stuff

If you were looking to be scared out of your wits this Halloween, our house was not the place to be.


There was a wee pumpkin patch




some bat wings




and rocky road caramel apples for the kids, (OK, I have to admit that these are quite frightening due to my serious lack of caramel-apple-making-skills)





And any evil spirits spooking around outside were kept at bay by these guys








Actually, the scariest thing about our Halloween this year was the slug infestation on our deck. I have no idea exactly where they're coming from, it must take them days to climb the stairs from the garden, but they all arrive at the same time only to be flung right back into the compost heap. The other night I found one of the little beggars in our living room right on the door sill, half in and half out. Eeew. He got flung extra far. Must remember to hang out the no vacancy (for slugs) sign.

Happy Halloween!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At November 01, 2010 10:41 AM, Blogger Ginnie said...

I call you the Seasonal Queen, Christina. If anyone can beat the competition, it's you! But those slugs. UGH. I agree...the scariest thing of them all.

It's good to see you at your seasonal best once again. :)

 
At November 02, 2010 1:26 AM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

Definitely can't disagree with Ginnie. You are the baking queen of all seasons. I love seeing all of your creations! Yummy!

 
At November 03, 2010 3:45 PM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

You have my vote, too, Christina! And now, I'm hungry :)

 
At November 05, 2010 5:47 AM, Blogger kath said...

Love it -- your pumpkin patch is adorable!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.