Friday, February 05, 2010

spread the word



Well, trust World Nutella Day 2010 to get me up and blogging.

Hosted by Bleeding Espresso and Ms. Adventures in Italy, it's a great way to see what creative souls all over the globe are doing with everyone's favourite chocolate-hazelnut spread.

The last time I participated was in 2007 when we were right in the middle of remodelling our kitchen. Can't believe it's been three years already. This year I'm busy de-cluttering our weensy house but I still found time to dig my knife into that big ol' jar.

I'm calling this one Nutella Cinnamon Swirl.






I used Lynsey Lou's recipe from last year, but made a loaf instead of buns and just slapped on some butter, Nutella and cinnamon sugar as a filling. Sure smelled great coming out of the oven and I love the texture of the dough - almost like a French brioche.

Guess how many pieces are left? I may have to make another one (or two) tomorrow. I may also have to buy larger pants if this keeps up.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At February 06, 2010 2:36 AM, Blogger Thimbleanna said...

You're so funny! Just go run around the block a few times LOL! That bread looks yummy! I have to admit, I'm not a nutella fan -- if they'd get those hazelnuts (is that what they are?) out of there, I'd be perfectly happy to live with all that chocolately goodness!

 
At February 06, 2010 8:22 AM, Blogger Yelli said...

That looks amazing and I may have to make it for my boys who devour it like they haven't eaten in months. However, I agree with Thimbleanna; I don't like the taste of nutella (or hazelnuts for that matter.) I didn't realize it was such a polarizing substance. People seem to love it or hate it!

 
At February 06, 2010 6:55 PM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

yummy!!! I can't believe the remodel was already 3 years ago.. Then again, it's been 2 years since my last visit to Switzerland and nearly 2 years since our last sighting of each other. ;-)

I think I'm gonna have to think up of some good nutella food too!

 
At February 08, 2010 8:56 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Well I must be living under a rock... who knew there was a World Nutella Day..

But I suppose for someone that eats Vegimite....

Bread looks good. Might have to give that a whirl.

 
At February 09, 2010 11:57 AM, Blogger Ginnie said...

Nutella is one of my favorite things in the whole world, Christina. How did you know? :) I have even taught Nicholas to love it with peanut butter...kinda like Reeses's PB cups. :) How can you say no to that!

 
At February 09, 2010 4:29 PM, Blogger Hillside Garden said...

Hallo Christine, ich bin auch mal wieder hier.
Den Nutellatag hab ich glatt verschlafen, ich hab auch sowieso nur Cadbury-Schokoladencreme da!

Ich hab mir all deine schönen Beiträge angesehen, besonders die Leckeren Fressalien, die ich weiterempfehlen werde! Was für eine Arbeit - die gefüllten Törtchen mit der Rosinenmischung!

Bis bald

Sigrun

 
At February 09, 2010 9:42 PM, Blogger Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Definitely going to have to make this soon. Thanks so much for participating :)

 
At February 09, 2010 9:58 PM, Blogger meredith said...

Oh, yum!

 
At February 12, 2010 4:07 PM, Blogger Tinsie said...

This looks delish! I bet it smells and tastes amazing. Yum yum.

 
At February 14, 2010 1:29 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

omg we are nutella all the way in this house!!!
I have to go and try that recipie now!!!!!!!

 
At March 19, 2010 4:29 AM, Anonymous Feinkost said...

Looks really darn tasty :) Need to try this too!

 
At May 13, 2010 11:59 AM, Blogger Lost in Translation said...

That looks good, I might have to try it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.