Saturday, October 11, 2008

hurry up and wait

So sorry for the long blogging break. I have so much to say and not enough time in the day to say it!

This translation project I've been working on is taking waaaay longer than I thought it would and my head is kind of exploding in the process. Not having a real deadline is very, very bad for a procrastinator like me, 'cause I'll string it out ad infinitum if given the chance. I'm almost finished, though - just need to polish it up a bit and send it on its way and then I'll go back to being a lady of leisure for a while. Well, except for the cooking and cleaning and managing a family and all that other easy stuff that no one pays you for.

The kids are now on 16 days fall break which means that I get to sleep in while they get their own breakfast. Whoo.

To be continued...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At October 12, 2008 12:07 AM, Anonymous Maribeth said...

You know, when my Hubby retired I thought great now we can both relax. The kids are grown and gone and things will be so much easier. HA! This just means I have even more work 24/7 to deal with.
I'm looking forward to your being back to writing. I've missed you!

 
At October 12, 2008 10:05 AM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

I've been doing translations jobs here and there, and believe me, I know what you're talking about.

Enjoy the sleeping in :)

 
At October 12, 2008 10:05 AM, Blogger beaverboosh said...

Exploding head eh, well! Get it done by Xmas. I'll have more instructions at a later date.

 
At October 13, 2008 11:01 AM, Blogger Mar said...

Not having a deadline stops the best of me...
Enjoy the fall break!!

 
At October 13, 2008 3:28 PM, Blogger Snooker said...

Heck I am even worse. I HAVE deadlines and I still manage to procrastinate until the last moment.

Miss ya Mausi.

 
At October 14, 2008 3:30 PM, Blogger Ginnie said...

Whoa! Another translation job! Good for you, Christina. I sure hope it pays you enough for all the effort...and the superb job I know you are doing on it! Anyway, enjoy your holiday break with the boys and just BE.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.