Monday, October 27, 2008

hold the mayo

I haven't jumped ship yet. Really.

Ever heard of the Sandwich Generation? That would be me and Mr. M right now, feeling like we're squished between two thick, dark slabs of that stuff the Germans like to call bread. One of those slabs is the trials and tribulations of trying to guide two adolescent boys through the oddities of the German secondary school system without any of us going insane. The other more worrying one is some unexpected in-law drama that surfaced during the past couple of weeks. No, no one is dead or seriously ill, but there are going to be some major changes happening in the coming months, hopefully for the benefit of all concerned. If only some of those concerned could actually get it through their thick skulls that these changes are absolutely necessary.

We're just trying to make the best of it right now.

What's that old saying? "If life gives you lemons, make tuna salad"? No, wait...

Labels:

11 Comments:

At October 28, 2008 2:17 AM, Blogger Maribeth said...

Yes, it's a hard thing. Although Hubby's parent's have been gone for many years, my own parent's and my sister's in-laws are all in declining health and in need of a change of living arrangements and lifestyle. Very hard, indeed.

 
At October 28, 2008 7:38 AM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

I'd never heard of the Sandwich Generation before. I know how you feel, about the boys and schools though so you have my best sympathies.

Tuna salad isn't so bad. It does when in a fix. ;-)

 
At October 28, 2008 6:43 PM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Then I guess I'm the open face sandwich generation (no kids).

I hope that the "drama" settles down soon and that you can return to quieter times again.

 
At October 28, 2008 6:45 PM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

PS: Are you creating these word verifs? I just had "noldi" and now "worstl". No kidding!

 
At October 29, 2008 12:15 PM, Blogger Mar said...

If life gives you lemons, get some tequila.
Cheers.

 
At October 29, 2008 1:37 PM, Blogger hexe said...

Hang in. I am right in the middle with you with kids, parents, and grandparents. Pass the tequilla!

 
At October 30, 2008 12:59 AM, Blogger Mike B said...

Gee, you move a few thousand miles away from these sorts of things back home, and then you marry into it here. I tell the Partnerin the next stop is Singapore. Another squeeze of lemon in my daquiri, please.

 
At October 30, 2008 11:55 AM, Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Sorry to hear life has been stressful. Hang in there!

 
At October 31, 2008 2:08 PM, Blogger Ginnie said...

LOL at CS and her open-face sandwich. I hope you're okay, dear friend. Write me when you have time!!!

 
At November 02, 2008 1:08 AM, Blogger Dixie said...

I hate that you're going through some trials right now. I know you'll come through it with your usual good sense.

 
At November 03, 2008 6:28 PM, Blogger Betsy said...

Oh Christina, I'm so sorry! This sounds like about the last thing you need right now! I hope that the dust settles soon-- knowing your extraordinary talents in the kitchen I'm confident you'll make a kick-ass tuna salad! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.