Sunday, June 29, 2008

thing one and thing two

Two things before I forget:

1. It has been decided by the powers that be that the Whiney Expat Blogger Meet-Up 2008 will take place in Bremen this year. Yes, I am pleased. Now it's time to decide on a date - September 20 & 21 , September 27 & 28 or October 11 & 12. October 4 & 5 are not such a good idea since the 3rd is German Unity day and lots of people will be traveling. November is a bit too dark and dreary, as we found out at the last two meet-ups.

So get over to J's blog and put in your vote, but only if you're really serious about attending. Triflers need not apply, as they say. N.B. Voting ends Wednesday evening.

2. This year's Language Week is June 30 to July 4. You can check the details at sra's blog and sign up to particpate.



More of the footy tonight. Must go snag a good place on the sofa!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At June 29, 2008 8:51 PM, Blogger Ginnie said...

Donica and I are both on the couch right now, watching the game start. It should be a good one!!

I'll keep my eyes open for the Bremen dates. I sure hope I can make it!

 
At June 29, 2008 9:05 PM, Blogger christina said...

Ginnie - We're all watching too. Well, I'm blogging now, but I will be watching. It would be so FUN if you could make Bremen. Let's cross our fingers.

 
At June 30, 2008 3:57 PM, Blogger J said...

Thanks for the post, Christina. It'll be good to have a date so that we can start making plans (trains, hotel, etc).

Ginnie, I do hope that you two can attend.

 
At June 30, 2008 5:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Mausi, thanks for the heads up re: Language Week. I'm participating - because lord knows - I need the practice!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.