I did and I still do
Him: Well, I guess it's that day again, isn't it? Geez, when I met you all those years ago I was just out to have a good time. I never thought I'd end up married to you for 18 years!
Me: You're a true romantic, as always. Now where are my flowers??
Mr. M took the day off today and we spent it puttering around the house getting things done. Later on we'll be going out for a nice dinner followed by the Germany vs. Austria Euro 2008 soccer game. We're not really soccer fans but we'll be keeping an eye on it just to see who wins this important match - the Piefkes, as the Austrians like to call the Germans, or the Ösis, the Germans' pet name for the Austrians.
I haven't done a meme in a long time so here you go - The Wedding Meme
1. Where / how did you meet?
In Vancouver on a blind date set up by his aunt.
2. How long have you known each other?
Since July 1986.
3. How long after you met did you start dating?
4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
Three years. You know, long distance relationship.
5. How long was your engagement?
6. How long have you been married?
7. When is your anniversary?
That would be today, June 16th. I never set out to be a June bride, it just kind of happened.
8. How many people came to your wedding reception?
About seventy-five. Six on his side, the rest on mine.
9. What kind of cake did you serve?
White cake, three tiers, ivory buttercream frosting decorated with fresh tea roses.
10. Where was your wedding?
St. Francis-In-the-Wood Church in West Vancouver. The reception was at a golf and country club.
11. What did you serve for the meal?
Canapés, champagne, petit-fours, coffee and tea. It was an afternoon reception.
12. How many people were in your bridal party?
My matron of honour, his best man and two flower girls.
13. Are you still friends with them all?
Only with the first two.
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
No, but I did, and so did our cousin Charlie from Florida.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
When both of my parents walked me down the aisle.
16. Any funny moments?
I think someone may have fallen down, but I can't remember.
17. Any big disasters?
The best man stepped on the back of my dress and almost ripped it.
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Guernsey in the Channel Islands.
19. How long were you gone?
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
Not a thing.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
22. What size is your bed?
23. Greatest strength as a couple?
Not killing each other when the going gets rough.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple?
Bridging cultural differences.
25. Who literally pays the bills?
He brings home the bacon, I cook it.
26. What is your song?
We have a (cheesy) movie instead of a song - Ferris Beuller's Day Off
27. What did you dance your first dance to?
I have no idea. We're not big dancers.
28. Describe your wedding dress.
Floor-length, off-white satin, puffed short sleeves, sweetheart neckline.
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
Ranunculas, sweet pea, stephanotis, alstroemeria, gerbera daisies, peonies, roses
30. Are your wedding bands engraved?
Um, no. We keep meaning to get around to that...
Oh look, here are my flowers.
He may drive me crazy, but he gets those right every time.
Happy 18th Anniversary, Schnucki.