Tuesday, May 27, 2008

1001 creative uses for aluminum foil

We all know Boy12's penchant for 'making stuff', as he calls it. Well, this is how he wrapped up the box with my birthday present inside on Sunday.


ooh, I wonder what it could be??


But what really killed me was the family portrait on the back


Notice how he's all cozy with Mr. M and me while his big brother stands off to the side all alone. Analyze THAT, won't you?


Check out the fabulous array of gifts.




Along with many chocolate-y treats that didn't make it into the picture (three guesses why) we have a recycled decorated flower pot (see the dirt still in it?)from Boy12, a virtual (and therefore invisible) Amazon gift certificate from Boy15, some yummy rhubarb jelly from our sweet old neighbour (who rang our doorbell at 9 a.m. on Sunday and caught me in my pyjamas, as usual, oh well) and my new camera - a small one this time, the Canon PowerShot A570 IS. I'm so tired of lugging the big Nikon around and I thought this one would be handy for our vacation. The in-laws kindly contributed a bunch o' batteries and memory cards so once I learn how to use the little cutie I'll post some pictures. Whee!

I was also treated to masses of lovely flowers from all and sundry.



Did they spoil me or what?


But wait, there's more! Well, this wasn't really a birthday present, but I figure a giant inflatable Coca-Cola air mattress from the Saturday flea market is worth a mention. If I can't tell you about it, who can I tell?



Talk about product placement! This thing is HUGE.

Being a Pepsi drinker myself, I'm not really sure what to think, but I kinda like it.

So that was my birthday in a nutshell. Another year older, another year wiser, perhaps, and very much looking forward to what the rest of my life will bring. You just never know, do you?

Labels: , , , , ,

15 Comments:

At May 27, 2008 12:43 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

Oh I just love how your son decorated the box! That is so cute!!!! Love the flowers and yes, the coke bottle!
Sounds like a little slice of Heaven!

 
At May 27, 2008 12:49 PM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

LOL! I just love Boy12's creativity! What a lucky lady you are getting such pretty gifts :)

Happy birthday again and many, many more!

 
At May 27, 2008 1:06 PM, Blogger C N Heidelberg said...

Ooh, you have a cool and arty son!

My sister has that camera and it takes quite nice pictures!

 
At May 27, 2008 1:10 PM, Blogger Betsy said...

Wow! Boy12's wrapping job was brilliant!

Happy belated birthday, Mausi! May the coming year bring you happiness, good health, love, and lots and lots of chocolate...

 
At May 28, 2008 1:18 AM, Blogger Sandra said...

Wow, you were already up and out of bed at 9 a.m. on a Sunday. I think that's pretty good!!

Happy birthday. 45 is a very good year, enjoy!

 
At May 28, 2008 12:47 PM, Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Your son did well! And belated happy birthday!

 
At May 28, 2008 10:38 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Well, I want a giant inflatable coke bottle now!

Happy belated birthday!

 
At May 29, 2008 4:22 AM, Blogger Rositta said...

A very Happy Belated Birthday Christina, sorry I missed it. I like that bottle too but also prefer Pepsi...used to live in la Belle Provence...ciao

 
At May 29, 2008 7:56 AM, Blogger Ginnie said...

I KNEW there was someone else that had a birthday on Sunday!! I just wish I had remembered it was YOU, Christina! Happy belated birthday, dear friend...from Waikiki Beach! :) Another year of sagehood!

 
At May 29, 2008 4:28 PM, Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Happy Belated Birthday Dear Mausi! Fabulous gifts -- and what fun packaging. Your b-day cakes looked yummy too -- especiallly that fabulous fruity one!

 
At May 30, 2008 12:26 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Happy very late birthday! :)

 
At June 01, 2008 4:48 AM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

Well happy belated bday!!! Loved seeing it all, lucky gal.

I haven't been around much but that's okay, better late than never...

Yes your trip is getting closer and closer and it seems like yesterday that you came. Maybe I can inact an every two years visit to Switz.. haha

And glad you liked the pic of us, I finally got P in one!

 
At June 02, 2008 10:01 AM, Blogger christina said...

maribeth - He loooves wrapping stuff up, the more complicated the better.

canswiss - Someday he'll be famous and buy me a house in the south of France! :-)

c n heidelberg - He's quite the eccentric little guy too. Can't wait to see what he's like in 10 years.

Betsy - Thank you so much! I'm wishing the same for you! ;-)

Sandra - Well, I would have slept in but there were presents to open!

diane - Thanks!

ms mac - Yes, it's quite the conversation piece but it keeps getting in the way!

rositta- Thank you! Is Pepsi a Quebecois drink?

Ginnie - Thank you and no worries about the belated - I know you were VERY busy and I can't wait to hear all about it.

thimbleanna - Thanks! The fruity cake turned out really well and it's so simple I think I'll be making it more often.

Angie - Thanks, Ang!

Expat - Yeah, hard to believe it's been almost two years a I can't wait to get back. We'll be in touch about getting together.

 
At June 03, 2008 3:06 PM, Blogger hexe said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Are you counting down the days until your "escape"?

 
At June 11, 2008 9:09 PM, Blogger Berlinbound said...

I use balled-up foil to clean the grill ... works every time.

And Happy Birthday!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.