Monday, February 11, 2008

a room with a view. not.

Wow, the Frühjahrsmüdigkeit has been hanging on for dear life and it wasn't until the weekend that I started feeling (almost) like myself again. Still not my best, but second best will have to do for now.

Lynda wanted to know what I (and others) see every day while hanging around in the kitchen doing all that needs to be done. This is the view out my kitchen window.



Not very spectacular, is it? Ask me to take another photo in a month or two and things will have improved significantly. Right now it's all brown twigs, last year's dried leaves and the neighbour's house that will never, ever make it into Architectural Digest. If you came by in March and April you'd see forysythia and mirabelle trees bursting into bloom and lilacs in three different colours. I can't wait.

Mr. M and I took advantage of the beautiful weather on the weekend and started walking again. An hour and a quarter on Sunday afternoon was just right to get those creaky joints going and we both had a very good night's sleep last night.

Walking isn't all we did on the weekend. Throwing open the terrace doors off the living room now reveals this




Oy! I think we've created a monster. Most of the terrace needs to be re-done because the supporting boards were getting all spongy, so we (me in my usual supervisory position, of course, when it comes to the heavy labour part) ripped everything up and now just need to wait for the new boards to arrive at the building centre. It's Mr M's version of spring cleaning.

Meanwhile the rest of the garden is perking up again and I went out this morning and found these little darlings. Much easier on the eye than a construction site.






Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

At February 11, 2008 4:52 PM, Blogger Rositta said...

Well my dear Christina, it's nice to see you back. Your view though is much nice that mine right now and I'm envious of the crocuses. We are buried with snow still and will be for some time to come. Have a nice day...ciao

 
At February 11, 2008 5:56 PM, Blogger Diane Mandy said...

I think your view is better than mine, but I suppose I will have to post a picture to prove it. Tomorrow.

 
At February 11, 2008 7:10 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

Beautiful flowers. Reminds me that some day spring will come! Right now we are literally buried under 4 feet of snow!

 
At February 11, 2008 7:15 PM, Blogger Martha said...

It is not that bad, and it is amazing what spring does to most landscapes!!! Everything goes from brown to colorful almost overnight.
Beautiful flowers...they don't do well in Texas though.

 
At February 12, 2008 1:44 AM, Anonymous lillian said...

The view must be beautiful in summer !!

 
At February 12, 2008 6:37 AM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

how beautiful! Your view isn't that bad, really! It's not bc, but at least you don't have a big street to stare at!

And I'm glad you are feeling a bit better!

 
At February 12, 2008 7:18 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

What you are lacking in Winter gray, you make up for with those budding spring bulbs. Lovely pics, thanks for posting. Cheers Lynda

 
At February 12, 2008 11:45 AM, Blogger Ginnie said...

Your little darlings are a sight for sore eyes, Christina. Lucky for me, I know those other two views from out your windows/doors. That is SOME undertaking for you and Mr. M. there on the deck. Please be careful! And get back to top health soon!

 
At February 13, 2008 8:24 PM, Blogger Ahmed Al-Sabbagh said...

wow

very good blog

and you have very nice photos

thanks


ahmed

 
At February 14, 2008 4:22 PM, OpenID CaliforniaKat said...

Gosh that's beautiful! I'm afraid it's just too dry for those kinds of flowers here.

Happy V day! Thank you for everything you do -- cooking, caring for the kids, taking care of the planet, sharing your life with us, giving us a giggle or two. I've really enjoyed "knowing" you for almost a year now.

 
At February 14, 2008 10:48 PM, Anonymous Mary said...

Oh man, I wish I had planted crocuses. Thanks for sharing yours.

 
At February 18, 2008 5:24 PM, Blogger Núria said...

Hola Christina! All our gardens look the same now! I would like to see the same windows in Spring :D

I love crocus, they are so delicate.
Cheers!

 
At February 25, 2008 6:01 PM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

Beautiful flower photographs!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.