Thursday, February 14, 2008

be my valentine

Happy Valentine's Day!

It was all about the flowers this morning. Oh, and the chocolate. The kids got their own but I'm going to let them eat mine,too. Because, you know, bikini season is coming up.

I indulged Mr. M's secret passion for red roses



and he presented me with this beautiful bouquet



So is love measured by how many flowers one gives or receives over a life time? I don't think so. There's a lot more to it than that, as we all know. We just happen to like having a house full of flowers and in Germany they're so reasonable that you can buy a few bunches a week and still have enough moola left over to pay the rent, so why not?

There are a lot of self-love Valentine's Day posts going around this year and I truly agree that before you can love anyone else you have to learn to love yourself first. Not always easy, but so essential.

I want you all to go look in the mirror and tell yourselves how fabulous you all are. And THEN I want you to go grab a handy loved one and tell him or her how fabulous he/she is. No loved one within arms reach? A mental message will do just fine. Just thinking positive thoughts about someone else can work wonders.

Spread the love and have a wonderful Valentine's Day. *smooooch*

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At February 14, 2008 5:42 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you, too! By the way, I think YOU are fabulous! :)

 
At February 14, 2008 6:05 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too! And you are right. One of the things I loved when I lived in Germany were the flowers. I got a nice bunch a couple of times a week for our flat. It really brightened up the place!

 
At February 14, 2008 6:07 PM, Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Happy Valentines's Day!

 
At February 14, 2008 7:52 PM, Blogger Rositta said...

I just came from the mall and saw people lined up to buy flowers and cards and it made me wonder how loving they are to their partners the rest of the year. Lucky are those who have expressions of love all year long. I too love the easily accessible and inexpensive flowers in Germany, it's wonderful...have a Happy And Loving Valentines Day...ciao

 
At February 14, 2008 9:42 PM, Blogger Julia said...

Happy Valentines to you too! Your flowers are beautiful. Germans really have made an art out of flower arranging, and that art hasn't reached Prague yet. But I'm still looking forward to my tulips tomorrow ;-).

 
At February 15, 2008 12:41 AM, Blogger Pippa said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you, Mausi! I like what you said about thinking positive thoughts on this day. And of course, if you have a handy loved one to share with, all the better!

 
At February 15, 2008 10:33 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

The flowers are so beautiful here and cheap. That is definitely an advantage here versus home.

Thanks for the crock pot tips, by the way. I think I'll be ordering one soon.

 
At February 16, 2008 8:20 AM, Blogger J said...

Belated happy VD, Christina. The arrangement looks lovely.

 
At February 17, 2008 5:33 PM, Blogger Betsy said...

I'll echo J: Happy belated Valentines day! :-)

 
At February 20, 2008 7:03 AM, Blogger Sparky said...

A wonderful belated Valentine's to you, too, my not-so-secret Internet crush!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.