Wednesday, December 05, 2007

two down, ten to go!

My lunch today



That's all that's left of the honey-mustard chicken I made for dinner last night. That big ugly squeeze bottle and one smaller jar of mustard are now history. Whooo!

After reading through about 200 of the 351 mostly positive reviews on this dish, I decided to go on the advice of those who had already tried it out and made a few changes to the original ingredients and method. I used skinless drumsticks and thighs and used only half the amount of fat called for in the sauce, replacing the butter with olive oil. A tiny bit more mustard and a chopped garlic clove, along with a couple of dashes of hot sauce gave it a bit more body. I also placed the chicken pieces "sunny side down" in the roasting pan and covered the pan with foil for the first 30 minutes to allow the meat to absorb the flavours better and prevent the sauce from burning before the chicken was done. For the final 40 minutes I uncovered the pan, turned the pieces over and basted every 15 minutes until the sauce had reduced to a nice, spicy glaze. Yum.

We really enjoyed this. And now I know what to do with all that mustard!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At December 05, 2007 4:59 PM, Anonymous umarah said...

well jsut wantrd some advice.we dont mustard so is there any other thing which i can add other than mustard to make it?

 
At December 05, 2007 6:31 PM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

My dear, I have just saved that recipe in my favourites! I'm looking forward to some cooking during the Holidays :)

 
At December 05, 2007 7:23 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

Hmmm, looks good.

 
At December 09, 2007 12:42 PM, Blogger Ginnie said...

You always know how to pique our interest, Christina!!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.