Saturday, December 01, 2007

let me hear you roar



Both Expat Travels and Fruits of My Mind very kindly passed on this purple award to me.

Here's the idea:

Those people given this award to are encouraged to post it on their own blogs; list three things they believe are necessary for good, powerful writing; and then pass the award on to the five blogs they want to honour, who in turn pass it on to five others, etc., etc. Let's send a roar through the blogsphere! The image at the top right can be copied and pasted onto other blogs. Also, a small size of the award for sidebars can be found over at the writing circle site.

Hmm, Let's see. For me, powerful blog writing includes:

1) Writing about what you know
2) Being yourself and letting your personality shine through your posts
3) Interacting with your readers on a personal level both on and off your blog

I started my blog to get in touch with other expats, tell them about my experiences and maybe offer a helping hand now and then. When I moved here there was no one to help me, I had to do it all myself and it was (and sometimes still is) a lonely road. Blogging has changed me in many ways.

I'm not keeping track of who has done this already so just off the top of my head I'm going to pass this on to:

1. Dixie Peach - for her unwavering optimism day in, day out. She may drop a stitch once in a while but she picks up right where she left off and moves on to get the job done.

2. Ginnie - for inspiring me on her blog AND in real life!

3. The Big Finn - for making me bust a gut when I read about his (mis)adventures in Switzerland.

4. The Xpat Files - for giving birth right in the middle of NaBloPoMo and STILL only missing two days. Incredible.

5. Woman Wandering - for delighting me with both her words and her pictures.

Of course that's not an exhaustive list. There are many, many more - you know who you are - who brighten my day and make things just a little easier sometimes.

Thanks you.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At December 02, 2007 2:54 AM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

What a wonderful list. TBF and Ginnie are already on the list but good enough for me!

It snowed today!

 
At December 02, 2007 9:17 PM, Blogger swenglishexpat said...

I do agree with your two, first points about powerful blogging. The third one makes me feel like an embarrassed novice! )-}

 
At December 04, 2007 7:09 PM, Blogger Ginnie said...

I've been "hit" twice now, Christina, and will probably have to buckle down and "just do it" one of these days! Thank you kindly for tapping me because I am definitely one you have gotten to know both on an off the blog. THANK YOU!

 
At December 04, 2007 11:47 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

Oh you are the coolest thing, Christina! Thank you so much!

I'm going to have fun passing this on tomorrow.

 
At December 10, 2007 6:39 PM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

Hey thank you, I missed this somehow, I do believe I was taking the doldrums quite seriously for a while there. Better now.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.