let me hear you roar
Both Expat Travels and Fruits of My Mind very kindly passed on this purple award to me.
Here's the idea:
Those people given this award to are encouraged to post it on their own blogs; list three things they believe are necessary for good, powerful writing; and then pass the award on to the five blogs they want to honour, who in turn pass it on to five others, etc., etc. Let's send a roar through the blogsphere! The image at the top right can be copied and pasted onto other blogs. Also, a small size of the award for sidebars can be found over at the writing circle site.
Hmm, Let's see. For me, powerful blog writing includes:
1) Writing about what you know
2) Being yourself and letting your personality shine through your posts
3) Interacting with your readers on a personal level both on and off your blog
I started my blog to get in touch with other expats, tell them about my experiences and maybe offer a helping hand now and then. When I moved here there was no one to help me, I had to do it all myself and it was (and sometimes still is) a lonely road. Blogging has changed me in many ways.
I'm not keeping track of who has done this already so just off the top of my head I'm going to pass this on to:
1. Dixie Peach - for her unwavering optimism day in, day out. She may drop a stitch once in a while but she picks up right where she left off and moves on to get the job done.
2. Ginnie - for inspiring me on her blog AND in real life!
3. The Big Finn - for making me bust a gut when I read about his (mis)adventures in Switzerland.
4. The Xpat Files - for giving birth right in the middle of NaBloPoMo and STILL only missing two days. Incredible.
5. Woman Wandering - for delighting me with both her words and her pictures.
Of course that's not an exhaustive list. There are many, many more - you know who you are - who brighten my day and make things just a little easier sometimes.
Labels: a roar for powerful words