Tuesday, November 13, 2007

let's talk about me for a change

Claire-Dude tagged me with the "7 random facts about me" meme. I think I may have already told you everything you need to know in the 75 other All about Me, Me, Me memes I've done, but here are a few more tidbits to add to my personality profile.


1. I once played a courtesan in a high school musical.

2. I often enjoy taking alternate sips of a hot and a cold beverage. My favourite combination? A steaming cup of Darjeeling (no milk or sugar) alongside a frosty glass of Diet Pepsi. Heaven.

3. During my teens one of my nicknames was Steve Austin. Yes, that Steve Austin . Don't ask.

4. Wearing a turtleneck sweater makes me feel as if I'm going to die.

5. My deviated septum and I are huge fans of nasal irrigation (link not for the squeamish).

6. I learned to use chopsticks when I was four years old.

7. I shared an apartment with two girlfriends during my last year of university. I can't remember what my friends ate, but my diet consisted mainly of oatmeal with brown sugar, plain yogurt, Cambell's tomato soup, and bagels with cream cheese and tomatoes (are we seeing a pattern here?). An occasional box of Kraft Dinner or a midnight pizza from Romeo's balanced things out. Well, sort of.

I won't tag anyone, because I'm just too damn lazy to figure out who has done it already, but if you want to participate, be my guest.

But while were on the topic of me, I did another one of those quizzes that's been going around (thanks for the link, Molly)

What Should You Be When You Grow Up?

You Should Be a Social Worker

You are deeply caring and empathetic.
You are able to take on other people's problems as if they were your own.
Sensitive and intuitive, you understand human emotions well.
Helping others gives you the most joy in life. You feel like it's your purpose in life.

You do best when you:

- Have a lot of responsibility
- Greatly impact someone's life with your work

You would also be a good philanthropist or stay at home parent.


Heh. Well isn't that interesting.

If you want to know even MORE about me, or about a bunch of other expat bloggers who are far more interesting than I could ever be, don't forget that it's still not too late to make arrangements to attend the Whiney Expat Blogger Meet-Up 2007 in Dresden this coming weekend. Those of us traveling by train are all crossing our fingers that the Deutsche Bahn drivers won't strike, although they are threatening to.

UPDATE: ALL Deutsche Bahn passenger services (including IC/ICE) will be on strike from Thursday 2 a.m. to Saturday 2 a.m. This is NOT good news.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At November 13, 2007 1:41 p.m., Blogger J said...

Strike is going to happen. You should be fine, though. I'm scerwed.

 
At November 13, 2007 2:07 p.m., Blogger The Big Finn said...

I was born with a deviated septum and actually had a septoplasty about ten years ago. Let me tell ya, THAT is something that is not for the squeamish!

 
At November 13, 2007 4:42 p.m., Blogger Betsy said...

Even just reading #2 made my fillings hurt!

 
At November 13, 2007 4:52 p.m., Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Oh, bad news about the strike -- hope it doesn't mess up your plans. And you know you can't say "don't ask" about anything -- 'cause we're going to ask. LOL!

 
At November 13, 2007 5:44 p.m., Blogger Ms Mac said...

I thought for a moment it was going to be the other Steve Austin.

I am still unable to use chopsticks so I'm a bit jealous of your prowess. My hands always cramp when I try to use them.

 
At November 13, 2007 8:54 p.m., Anonymous ian in hamburg said...

I am going to try to take the bus or check out the mitfahrerzentral online. Haven't hitch-hiked in a while, either... ;-)

 
At November 14, 2007 12:49 a.m., Blogger hexe said...

No turtleneck! I have a drawer of them just waiting for me to move out of this state.

 
At November 14, 2007 2:47 a.m., Blogger Expat Traveler said...

I love using chopsticks!

Geeze, I hope for the best with all ones' transportation!

 
At November 14, 2007 8:52 p.m., Blogger Runaway Rubber Duckie said...

Hmm, Romeo's, did you go to UVic? Or do they have that on the mainland... My brother used to work there and bring us pizzas :) Do you think you're going to have some when you return for your big visit to BC?

 
At November 15, 2007 6:24 p.m., Anonymous Annie Mack said...

Loved the quiz "What should you be when you grow up?". Took it myself and was suprised to find out that I should have been a politican. That gave me a good laugh to start out my day. Thanks for the fun.

 
At November 15, 2007 11:00 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

OH NO, on the train strike! What a bad-bad weekend to choose. Hmmm. I'm sure you'll update us. And as you certainly know by now, it was NOT my weekend to be in Europe this year. :(

I keep learning new things about you all the time, Ms. Christina! I think I ended up being a Mechanic on that test--an architect/carpenter. And it totally fits. :)

 
At November 17, 2007 12:43 a.m., Blogger Haddock said...

I never knew you could make sweaters from turtles :)

I had a Septum Rhinoplasty when my nose was broken many years ago. I never even saw the punch coming! :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.