let's talk about me for a change
Claire-Dude tagged me with the "7 random facts about me" meme. I think I may have already told you everything you need to know in the 75 other All about Me, Me, Me memes I've done, but here are a few more tidbits to add to my personality profile.
1. I once played a courtesan in a high school musical.
2. I often enjoy taking alternate sips of a hot and a cold beverage. My favourite combination? A steaming cup of Darjeeling (no milk or sugar) alongside a frosty glass of Diet Pepsi. Heaven.
3. During my teens one of my nicknames was Steve Austin. Yes, that Steve Austin . Don't ask.
4. Wearing a turtleneck sweater makes me feel as if I'm going to die.
5. My deviated septum and I are huge fans of nasal irrigation (link not for the squeamish).
6. I learned to use chopsticks when I was four years old.
7. I shared an apartment with two girlfriends during my last year of university. I can't remember what my friends ate, but my diet consisted mainly of oatmeal with brown sugar, plain yogurt, Cambell's tomato soup, and bagels with cream cheese and tomatoes (are we seeing a pattern here?). An occasional box of Kraft Dinner or a midnight pizza from Romeo's balanced things out. Well, sort of.
I won't tag anyone, because I'm just too damn lazy to figure out who has done it already, but if you want to participate, be my guest.
But while were on the topic of me, I did another one of those quizzes that's been going around (thanks for the link, Molly)
What Should You Be When You Grow Up?
|You Should Be a Social Worker|
You are deeply caring and empathetic.
You are able to take on other people's problems as if they were your own.
Sensitive and intuitive, you understand human emotions well.
Helping others gives you the most joy in life. You feel like it's your purpose in life.
You do best when you:
- Have a lot of responsibility
- Greatly impact someone's life with your work
You would also be a good philanthropist or stay at home parent.
Heh. Well isn't that interesting.
If you want to know even MORE about me, or about a bunch of other expat bloggers who are far more interesting than I could ever be, don't forget that it's still not too late to make arrangements to attend the Whiney Expat Blogger Meet-Up 2007 in Dresden this coming weekend. Those of us traveling by train are all crossing our fingers that the Deutsche Bahn drivers won't strike, although they are threatening to.
UPDATE: ALL Deutsche Bahn passenger services (including IC/ICE) will be on strike from Thursday 2 a.m. to Saturday 2 a.m. This is NOT good news.