Friday, November 16, 2007

it's the 4 a.m. part that I'm not so keen on

It was a busy week and tonight I've been packing my stuff to head off to Dresden tomorrow morning. My teeth are brushed and I'm all ready for bed at 9 p.m. Can you believe it? That's because I have to leave the house by 5:15 a.m. to catch the bus downtown to the train station and that means getting up at around 4 a.m. to shower etc. Bleh. It'll be worth it, though. I get to see some old friends again and meet a bunch of new-to-me bloggers in a great city.

I'll be interested to hear about the trials and tribulations others had trying to get where they wanted to go while Deutsche Bahn was on strike on Thursday and Friday. The trains should be running again on schedule tomorrow and if there's anyone sitting in my reserved window seat there's going to be trouble!

Haven't had much time this week to read or comment. Will catch up with y'all next week.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At November 16, 2007 9:33 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Soooooo jealous! Would have LOVED to have met you! Have FUN -- and say HI to everyone for me! (Are we still meeting in Seattle next summer??)

Carol

 
At November 16, 2007 11:25 PM, Blogger Ginnie said...

Yay! The show is on. Good for you. Have a great weekend and please say HI to anyone who knows me.

 
At November 16, 2007 11:38 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I can't wait to read about it! It has only taken me a year, but I finally finished blogging about our trip to Spain (just need to throw the pictures in there and post it). Next up, a Tahiti blog. It was nice for "On the Road" to actually be on the road for once.

 
At November 17, 2007 12:38 AM, Blogger Haddock said...

Hope you have a great time at the meet up. I can't make it this year because of work commitments. I know the getting up at 4am routine - it's what I have to do when I am on dayshift. Try and have a kip on the train, its what I do :)

 
At November 17, 2007 10:48 AM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Have fun and we want all the juicy details when you get back ;)

 
At November 17, 2007 6:07 PM, Blogger Betsy said...

Hope you're having a great time and look forward to the wrap-up!

 
At November 18, 2007 9:23 AM, Blogger Julia said...

Really wish I could come! Our family is floored with what is known locally as the Prague plague. Ya'll have fun!

 
At November 18, 2007 7:41 PM, Blogger swenglishexpat said...

Good luck with Deutsche Bahn, hope you get there and enjoy your weekend with the others.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.