blogging? what's that?
The Herbstferien - two weeks school holiday - are upon us. Mr. M has also taken time off. "Ahhh!", you're thinking, "lots of rest and relaxation coming up for that bunch!" No dice. We have a To Do list as long as your arm and really want to get at least some of it done during this lifetime.
I had thought I'd at least get to sleep in but His Royal German Highness has decreed 8 a.m. a very good time to get up and at 'em and make something of the day. Is the man insane? I can't even function until 10, but tell him that.
Starting tomorrow (today we all just hung around in our pyjamas and watched the rain come down) you'll find us:
- finally getting one step ahead of Mt. Wash Me, Mt. Fold Me and Mt. Put Me Away Where I Belong
- completely renovating Boy14's room ( he's not 2 yrs old any more - the teddy bear wallpaper border has go to go!)
- redecorating master bedroom
- excavating Mausi's side of bedroom closet to reclaim missing artifacts
- planning upstairs bathroom renos for some day when we are rich
- sanding, painting and re-carpeting stairs
- gathering up mountains of old toys and kitchen stuff to be donated to a good cause
- smokin' some trout with the neighbours before they go on holiday
- entertaining a rather exhausting 5-yr-old friend
- doing something with what's left of the garden now that the temperature has dropped to 7°C
Ooh, don't you wish you were me? It won't be all work, however. We are actually planning to do something fun in there somewhere. But due to this upcoming flurry of activity, 24/7 family togetherness and the occasional "Well, I guess you love the internet more than you love meeeee!", I'm afraid that blogging will have to be limited. I'm sure you understand.