Sunday, October 21, 2007

blogging? what's that?

The Herbstferien - two weeks school holiday - are upon us. Mr. M has also taken time off. "Ahhh!", you're thinking, "lots of rest and relaxation coming up for that bunch!" No dice. We have a To Do list as long as your arm and really want to get at least some of it done during this lifetime.

I had thought I'd at least get to sleep in but His Royal German Highness has decreed 8 a.m. a very good time to get up and at 'em and make something of the day. Is the man insane? I can't even function until 10, but tell him that.

Starting tomorrow (today we all just hung around in our pyjamas and watched the rain come down) you'll find us:

  • finally getting one step ahead of Mt. Wash Me, Mt. Fold Me and Mt. Put Me Away Where I Belong

  • completely renovating Boy14's room ( he's not 2 yrs old any more - the teddy bear wallpaper border has go to go!)

  • redecorating master bedroom

  • excavating Mausi's side of bedroom closet to reclaim missing artifacts

  • planning upstairs bathroom renos for some day when we are rich

  • sanding, painting and re-carpeting stairs

  • gathering up mountains of old toys and kitchen stuff to be donated to a good cause

  • smokin' some trout with the neighbours before they go on holiday

  • entertaining a rather exhausting 5-yr-old friend

  • doing something with what's left of the garden now that the temperature has dropped to 7°C

Ooh, don't you wish you were me? It won't be all work, however. We are actually planning to do something fun in there somewhere. But due to this upcoming flurry of activity, 24/7 family togetherness and the occasional "Well, I guess you love the internet more than you love meeeee!", I'm afraid that blogging will have to be limited. I'm sure you understand.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At October 22, 2007 12:46 AM, Blogger hexe said...

Oh my that does sound rather exhausting! If I were you, I might feel a cold coming on and take to bed for a day :)

 
At October 22, 2007 4:04 AM, Blogger Maribeth said...

Where is all this energy coming from?

 
At October 22, 2007 5:47 AM, Blogger Martina said...

Have fun! Today is back-to-school-day in Hessen, so I've just been through the journey you're about to embark on :-) And you'll feel *so* much better when it's over with.

 
At October 22, 2007 6:16 AM, Blogger Charlotte said...

Good luck with your busy-looking Ferien! I'm feeling a little anxious about my own Mt Wash Me, so perhaps I'll get to that while my kids are on holiday.

 
At October 22, 2007 10:51 AM, Blogger .:mar said...

Good luck with all your projects!! Spain doesn't have Herbstferien. But still: I hear that "Well, I guess you love the internet more than you love meeeee!" quite often...

 
At October 22, 2007 11:50 AM, Blogger Pippa said...

Christina, I am *finally* delurking to wish you lots of good luck for your long list of plans. Wow, it sounds either inspiring or exhausting. I'll go for inspiring :) and take a leaf out of your book to do some spring cleaning this side as well!

 
At October 22, 2007 4:25 PM, Blogger Betsy said...

Whew! I think I might need to go lie down after reading that list!

Good luck with everything! Hope you can squeeze in some fun stuff as well!

 
At October 22, 2007 9:22 PM, Blogger Pippa said...

I've been thinking about your hugely inspiring burst of goal-driven energy and decided I am jumping on the cart as well. These last 10 days of October are just grand for pulling things together this side, too.

I will call it "pretend & play" since the best way to motivate myself to do it, is to play and pretend I'm preparing for a very special guest on 1 November. :)

Anybody else want to play along?

 
At October 22, 2007 10:28 PM, Blogger J said...

Who are you and what have you done with the real Mausi? The real Mausi would never be that active.

 
At October 23, 2007 12:50 AM, Blogger Gardner said...

very nice summary.

With only two weeks I have money on getting 1/2 done with Mt. Wash Me, 1/3 done with Mt. Fold Me, and 1/4 done with Mt. Put Me Away, and no where near the to be re-carpeted stairs.

the 2 weeks go quick. Much luck and god speed.

 
At October 23, 2007 6:55 PM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Isn't it strange that one has to take holidays to work at home?

I sure hope that all goes as planned and that you still have a few days to chill out!

 
At October 25, 2007 5:10 PM, Anonymous Molly B. said...

Please send half of whatever you're taking to Molly B. Tired, 54321 Bad Haartag. State your price, e-Mail me your bank info and I'll wire in advance.

 
At October 29, 2007 9:30 PM, Blogger swenglishexpat said...

Can't you just find a mild virus of some sort and go down with a mysterious illness that ends with -itis? Let the early birds of the household get on with it and leave you in bed with a box of tissues, a box of chocolate and that book that you never got time to read!? ;-)

 
At November 03, 2007 12:36 AM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

run away to my house, i'm just over a border.

xo

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.