Monday, July 30, 2007

we like to plan ahead

The 2007 Whiney Expat Blogger in Germany Meet-Up is just around the corner so please, please, please pop over to J's blog and get your location vote in if you're thinking about attending. Right now it seems to be a toss up between Nürnberg (Nuremberg), Köln (Cologne) and Dresden (Dresden) but the tables could turn at any time. No date set as of yet, some time between September and November is a good bet. Once the location has been decided upon (voting closes on August 6!!), we can go from there.

The two previous meet-ups in Marburg and Bonn were a hoot. You absolutely don't have to be living in Germany to attend. All are welcome. You can bring your spouse/significant other and/or your kids. You can stay as long as you like or leave after an hour. You can be bright and bubbly and tell everyone how much you looooove being and expat or you can be cranky and bitter and whine the whole time. You can talk non-stop at the top of your voice or sit in a corner nursing your drink and quietly observing your fellow expats. As you can see, it's a no pressure event.

To help you get your bearings, here's a handy dandy map of Germany that I stole from J.



We went from 6 participants in 2005 to 15 in 2006. Let's see how many people we can get to show up this year!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At July 31, 2007 1:29 AM, Blogger Thimbleanna said...

I'm not an expat, but I'll vote for Nurenberg! LOL. Hey -- I'm whiney, does that count? Hope you guys have fun!

 
At July 31, 2007 5:44 AM, Blogger Maria said...

Hopefully Kevin will have a job by then so I can join you all (with The Boy of course)!

 
At July 31, 2007 5:59 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Ooooh! I'll be in Nurnberg from September 26th (or 27th) to 29th (AM)! I'll also be in Koeln on the 18th, but only for a few hours.

I'm not an expat, but I sure would love to meet my expat blogging friends!

Carol

 
At July 31, 2007 4:23 PM, Blogger hexe said...

Have fun wherever you end up. Maybe someday I'll be able to join you!

 
At August 01, 2007 10:21 AM, Blogger J said...

Thanks for the post, Christina! Let's hope it's the biggest one yet!

Go Dresden!

 
At August 01, 2007 12:30 PM, Blogger christina said...

thimbleanna - Go Nürnberg! My husband went there on a business trip once and loved it. We'll see how the results turn out.

maria - We would all LOVE to meet The Boy, I'm sure and to see you again, of course.

Carol - It'll most likely be some time after that and on a Saturday/Sunday, but you never know. Watch this space for more info!

hexe - That would be great!

J - Can't wait to see what the final decision is. :-)

 
At August 01, 2007 6:40 PM, Blogger Ginnie said...

I'm not going to put in my vote, Christina, but once it's decided and it gets closer in time, who knows, maybe I'll be able to go??!! One just never knows. :)

 
At August 01, 2007 9:01 PM, Blogger Julia said...

I vote for Dresden!!

 
At August 03, 2007 12:52 AM, Blogger womanwandering said...

So tempting this time. I'll wait and see which date and where you guys choose, then work out if we can do it this time.

xo

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.