Friday, July 13, 2007

101 more things you didn't need to know

I don't have a single thing to write about today that wouldn't take a huge amount of effort, so I'm stealing this 101 Questions... Answered meme from Kim. Thanks, Kim!

1. How many keys are on your keychain?

Six.

2. What curse word do you use the most?

I guess the "F" word, but only under my breath and NEVER in public.

3. Do you own an iPod?

Yes, but I don't use it enough. The ear buds hurt my ears.

4. What time is your alarm clock set for?

5:55 a.m.

5. How many suitcases do you own?

Two of my own. As a family I guess we have about 10.

6. Do you wear flip–flops even when it’s cold outside?

Yes. Drives the Germany crazy.

7. Where do you buy your groceries from?

Usually from one of our two local supermarkets.

8. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?

Take pictures. There are very few people who've been able to take a decent picture of me.

9. What was the last movie you watched?

Umm...You've Got Mail (have I mentioned how much I love Tom Hanks?)

10. Do any of your friends have children?

Many of them do.

11. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would buy?

A house in West Vancouver and four plane tickets.

12. Has anyone ever called you lazy?

Often.

13. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster?

No, even though I do have trouble falling and staying asleep.

14. What CD is currently in your CD player?

"Creative Visualization Meditations"

15. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?

Can't decide. I love both.

16. Has anyone told you a secret this week?

No, dammit!

17. When was the last time someone hit on you?

Several years ago, I guess.

18. What did you have for dinner?

We had lasagne last night.

19. Do you wear hoodies often?

Yes, quite often. They make me look sporty!

20. Can you whistle?

Yes, but I think I look silly while I'm doing it.

21. Have you ever participated in a protest?

Nope.

22. Who was the last person to call you?

Our youngest called me from the bus stop today on his way home to say that he was very hungry and could I please have lunch ready right away.

23. What is your favorite ride at an amusement park?

I don't do amusement parks and I especially don't do rides, but I did kind of like the Tilt-A-Whirl when I was a kid.

24. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?

In this town? Are you kidding? I KNOW people talk about me behind my back.

25. What area code are you in right now?

15109. Call me.

26. Did you watch cartoons as a child?

You betcha. Way more than was probably good for me.

27. How big is your local mall?

Mall? What mall?

28. How many siblings do you have?

Two younger brothers.

29. Are you shy around the opposite sex?

Not really. Depends on what mood I'm in and how attractive the opposite sex is

30. What is your biggest regret?

Classified information.

31. When was the last time you laughed so hard your sides hurt.

I read something really funny yesterday on the internet and almost bust a gut.

32. What movie do you know every line to?

Ferris Bueller's Day Off .

33. Do you own any band t–shirts?

No.

34. When was your last plane ride?

August 2006.

35. How many chairs are at your dining room table?

Four or six depending on how many leaves are in the table at the time.

36. Do you read for fun?

Oh yes!

37. Can you speak any languages other than English?

German, a smattering of French and even less Spanish.

38. Do you do your own dishes?

Whatever the dishwasher can't handle.

39. What color is your bedroom painted?


Boring ol' white. That'll be changing soon.

40. Have you ever cried in public?


Plenty.

41. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?

Both. The laptop is new and I still prefer the desktop for now.

42. Which do you make, wishes or plans?


Wishes for now.

43. Are you always trying to learn new things?

Every minute of the day. Use it or lose it, I say.

44. Do you shower on a daily basis?

Sometimes even twice a day!

45. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?


Never have, never will. Very unappealing to me.

46. Do you believe that the guy should pay on the first date?

If he was the one doing the inviting then yes.

47. Can you skip rocks?

Not very well.

48. Have you ever been to Jamaica?

No.

49. What to snack on at the movie theaters?

Popcorn and Diet Pepsi/Coke

50. Who was your favorite teacher?

Mrs. Hussein, 5th grade.

51. Have you ever dated someone out of your race?


My boyfriend in kindergarten was Chinese. His mom used to make us lunch at his house all the time.

52. What is the weather like?


Changeable.

53. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?

Nooooooo.

54. Do you have an online journal?

You're looking at it.

55. What was your favorite class in high school?

Latin.

56. Do you enjoy traveling via airplanes?

Not really. For me they're just a way of getting somewhere. I get airsick so I have to knock myself out with travel sickness medication and miss all the fun.

57. What personality trait is a must–have in your preferred gender?

Empathy.

58. Have you ever been attracted to someone physically unattractive?

I've been attracted to people who aren't conventionally physically attractive, yes, but it's all very subjective, isn't it?

59. When was the last time you slept on the floor?

1981??

60. What is your favorite alcoholic drink?

Bloody Caesar

61. Does your closest Starbucks have a drive–thru?

Starbucks? What Starbucks?

62. Do you like your living arrangement?

Sure. A bigger house (in a different country!) would be great, but we're comfortable here and the neighbourhood is nice and quiet.

63. What is your mother’s hometown?

Depends what you mean by hometown. She was born in Rome, Italy.

64. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?

I can function on 4 but I do way better with 7 or 8.

65. Do you eat breakfast daily?


I try to but sometimes I forget.

66. What was the last thing to scare you?


Weird noises outside the other night.

67. Are your days full and fast–paced?

No, and I like it that way.

68. Did you ever get in trouble for talking in class?

Absolutely. Got sent out into the hall all the time in second grade.

69. What is your favorite fruit?

Blackberries, raspberries etc.

70. Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages?


Always. Doesn't seem to help, though.

71. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?

45

72. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?

Yes, although I frequently miss my own mistakes.

73. Do you believe in life on other planets?

Sure, why should we be the only ones?

74. Have you ever been to Six Flags?

I have no idea where that is.

75. Who was the last person to piss you off?

My husband. Don't worry, it didn't last long.

76. Do you believe that God has a gender?

This question presumes a belief in God, doesn't it?

77. What was the last thing you ate?

Kaiserschmarrn

78. Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex?

Sometimes I think I get along better with men. They're not as complicated.

79. What did you dress up as for your first Halloween?

Princess. Plastic mask, pink stretch pants, brown Oxford shoes.

80. How did your parents pick your name?

I don't know. I guess they wanted something German. (I've been using my middle name since I was in my 20's)

81. Do you like mustard?

Mmmm...mustard, but only in small doses.

82. What do you tell yourself when times get hard?

You create your own reality, only YOU can change it.

83. Would you ever sky dive?

NO!

84. Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back?

All of the above. I'm a restless sleeper.

85. What character from a movie most reminds you of yourself?

I really couldn't say.

86. Have you ever bid for something on ebay?

Quite often.

87. Do you enjoy giving hugs?

Yes.

88. Would you consider yourself to be fashionable?

Not really. I'm not very good at putting together outfits and usually just wear whatever's clean.

89. Do you own a digital camera?

Two.

90. If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel?

Like I had been sending out the wrong signals.

91. What celebrities have you been compared to?

Jane Fonda. Hee.

92. Who is your favorite Star Wars character?

Luke.

93. Does it annoy you when someone says they’ll call but never do?

Yes, but it's no big deal.

94. What books, if any, have made you cry?

Can't think of one specific one right now but there have been many.

95. Do you think you’re attractive?

I suppose I have my moments.

96. What are you allergic to?

Cats, rabbits, horses, guinea pigs, pollen, grasses, latex and nickel.

97. Are you a jealous person?

Sometimes.

98. What’s your opinion on sex without emotional commitment?

If both parties agree, why not?

99. Do you ever feel guilty after eating meat?

No.

100. If you were born the opposite sex, what would your name have been?

I haven't a clue. Possibly Owen or Alan - family names

101. Is it lunch time yet?

Way past. I'm hungry again.

Labels:

15 Comments:

At July 13, 2007 4:44 PM, Blogger traveller one said...

Great answers! Glad you enjoyed doing the meme!

 
At July 13, 2007 5:13 PM, Blogger The Big Finn said...

So...what's your first name?

 
At July 13, 2007 5:45 PM, Blogger Carol said...

I swear, we're peas in a pod! I agree with just about all your answers! I've been thinking about doing this meme, but maybe I should just link to you! ;-)

Carol

 
At July 13, 2007 7:49 PM, Blogger Charlotte said...

Oh dearie, dearie me and I thought I'd quelled my meme addiction for now. Looks Meme 101 is next on the list.

Love your answers.

 
At July 13, 2007 11:30 PM, Anonymous Maribeth said...

We are so much alike. Amazing!
I knew there were reasons I like you!

 
At July 14, 2007 9:38 AM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

I saw that on T1's blog, too. Great answers. I might just do it this weekend.

 
At July 14, 2007 1:06 PM, Blogger EllasDevil said...

I've seen this on both blogs now and I am soooooo stealing it!

Great answers BTW!

 
At July 14, 2007 1:37 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Bloody Caesar (which I'd love to try one day) and Kaiserschmarn (and another I'd love to try one day).... You love your royal refreshments!

 
At July 15, 2007 8:13 AM, Blogger Ginnie said...

Why is it so fun to read these from everyone else!!! :)

 
At July 15, 2007 3:32 PM, Blogger hexe said...

What a fun meme! I may need to try this one as my blog writing has dwindled to picture posting while I am a single parent in Maine.

 
At July 15, 2007 7:13 PM, Blogger Betsy said...

Do you like your meditation CD? I'm always looking for new material.

The IMC has some great guided meditations online. But I've been doing a lot of them over and over (and over!) and would like to find something new...

 
At July 16, 2007 12:36 PM, Blogger Claire said...

It is always fun learning more about you! I may steal this for myself.

 
At July 16, 2007 1:26 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Oh my goodness, that's a lot of information! I will come back and read the remaining 50 when I have another half hour! :)
Have a great week, Christina!

 
At July 19, 2007 9:57 AM, Anonymous ian said...

The questions are as interesting as the answers you gave, Mausi. My guess is that this is written by and targeted at Americans 16 - 30 living on the eastern seaboard. Clues? The tattoo question, jamaica, God, the mall...
I have yet to find a meme that has questions which I can usually give a straight answer to, because like you often have, I am compelled to go: what? huh?

Your answer to the lottery question was most revealing, btw.

 
At August 10, 2007 3:37 PM, Anonymous tobson said...

Great answers, indeed. So inspiring I stole it and posted it on my own blog (but I changed all your answers into answers of my own, though...)
Thanks. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.