Sunday, June 24, 2007

speaking in tongues

Attention all amateur linguists!

Language Week is taking place once again, this time from June 25 - 29 2007. Details and rules can be found here.

I participated in 2005 but missed it last year because I was on holiday and not paying attention. I'll be blogging in German (with English translations) since that's the only foreign language I have a handle on at the moment. You don't have to be a language genius to participate. Even a sentence or two every day will do. My entries from last year included:

Here Goes Nothing
Mausi Does Europe
All about Not Being Raised Bilingually
Languages I Don't Speak and What the Heck Am I Still Doing Here?

Read them at your own peril.


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At June 24, 2007 5:57 PM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

That sounds like fun, but I already know that I won't be able to do it every day of the week.

BTW, you've been tagged, my friend. Maybe you want to use the meme as one of your entries? :)

 
At June 24, 2007 7:56 PM, Blogger Charlotte said...

I'm impressed that you did it, Ms Mausi. I really can't face inflicting my furchtbares Deutsch on the few kind people who do turn up to read my posts. I'll save my furchtbares Deutsch for my friends.

 
At June 24, 2007 9:00 PM, Blogger christina said...

canswiss - Well, the rules say there are no rules, so you could do as much or as little as you wanted. And you REALLY want to know my bedtime rituals? Okey dokey!

charlotte - I'm sure your German isn't furchtbar at all! Go one, give it a try. :-)

 
At June 25, 2007 12:04 AM, Blogger srah said...

Ha ha! Sometimes I miss Language Week because I'm not paying attention, too. That's why it's never had a static date. :D

 
At June 25, 2007 2:34 AM, Anonymous Maribeth said...

Oh shoot, I am SOOL! I speak so little German and barely get the English down! LOL

 
At June 25, 2007 10:42 AM, Blogger ColourMeCrazy said...

Phew - I don't know if I could blog in french the whole week! German is a definite no-no for me! I'm still learning my articles! Looking forward to seeing your posts!

 
At June 28, 2007 11:07 PM, Blogger Ginnie said...

HA! I love your title, Christina!!!

Are you being messed up at all by Mercury Retrograde these days (June 15-July 9)? OMG. Talk about computer/Internet problems ever since we've been home. I've been on dial-up most of the time. Not fun!

 
At July 12, 2007 9:52 PM, Blogger Betty C. said...

Sorry I missed this -- I'll have to catch up on it next year! Your blog looks interesting and I think we have a lot of interests in common. I'll sidebar you to And So Forth (www.and-so-forth.blogspot.com) so I can try to keep up...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.