procrastinating - it's what I do best
Well, one of the things I do best, anyway.
I'm supposed to be packing for our trip. I hate packing. That's why I've chosen to sit here and do the Expat 54321 Meme that Blythe tagged me for.
5) Name five things you love in your new country:
(Hoo boy, this isn't going to be easy)
- the public transportation system
- beautiful cut flowers at reasonable prices
- the cheese
- my little black Twingo (I hate driving yet I love my car. Go figure.)
- the fact that Germany is not Belgium or Switzerland
4) Name four things that you miss from your native country
- my Vancouver family and friends
- real nature right on my doorstep - the Coastal Mountains, the forests and the Pacific Ocean
- good, authentic ethnic restaurants
- the multicultural society
3) Name three things that annoy you a bit (or much) in your new country:
- cigarette smoke everywhere
- poorly stocked supermarkets selling low quality food
- the biting wind, especially combined with the horizontal, never-ending rain
2) Name two things that surprise you (or surprised you in the beginning) in your new country:
1) Name one thing that you would miss terribly in your new country, if you had to leave it.
You mean except for the wonderful expat friends I have gotten to meet here? Not a thing, my dears, not a thing.
But that's just me...
Your mileage may vary.
Go ahead and do this meme - it really gets you thinking.