Tuesday, January 16, 2007

we'll get by with a little help from our friends

Oooog. Whatever I had last week has come back to haunt me this week and I'm feeling quite awful. That's why today I'm only going to post a couple of useful links so you can get your expat fix elsewhere.

Expat Women, a site providing assistance to women moving or already living overseas, has just been launched. You'll find me there as a volunteer mentor for women moving to my area of Germany. If you need help or information, I will mentor you 'til the cows come home. Also, if you, too, are of the female persuasion and would like your blog listed at Expat Woman, got to this page and contact the site owners.

Another site I have in my sidebar links is CanuckAbroad, of interest to Canadians living or traveling abroad.

And thanks to Ann Ona Moose for the link to a story that makes me think there's hope for my foggy brain after all - Being Bilingual Can Delay Onset of Dementia.

Whoo! Go sign up for those language courses before it's too late!

As for me, I think I need a nap.

12 Comments:

At January 16, 2007 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Expat Women link-- looks like a really interesting site!

Hope you feel better soon!

 
At January 16, 2007 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, so being bilingual can delay the onset of demetia....so what happens when you're more than bilingual?? ;-p

 
At January 16, 2007 10:27 PM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

cool site! Nap sounds wonderful but I guess I'd opt for ditching the kids today!

 
At January 16, 2007 10:42 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

it couldnt have been those yummy looking buns!! they look way too good!!
thanks for the links - gotta go and check them now.

 
At January 17, 2007 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow you're productive :) I hope you feel better. The swiss trick (i believe it is german actually) is drinking the juice of carmelized onions. tried that yet?

 
At January 17, 2007 12:54 AM, Anonymous Maribeth said...

I hope you feel better soon, Mausi!

 
At January 17, 2007 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that! The mentor thing is such a good idea. I have one picked out already for if ever I have to live in Austria again!

 
At January 17, 2007 10:12 AM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Hope you're feeling better today, Christina.

Maybe you should send that last link to the separatist party in Canada... Is there a French translation of it? ;-) (I'm being sooo naughty!)

 
At January 17, 2007 11:06 AM, Blogger Ginnie said...

Ohhhhhh. I'm so sorry it's hitting you again, Christina! UGH. Hopefully the 3 men in your life are pampering you a bit.

If I could stay put for awhile, either here or there, maybe I could take a German class. Or maybe I should just get serious about the Pimsleur CDs I have to teach me German! God knows I don't need to get dimentia!!! and can't always use you as my crutch!

 
At January 17, 2007 4:35 PM, Blogger woman wandering said...

Sigh ... this bilingual thing is getting to me ... I may have already posted it but I can't remember, probably because I'm monoligual. Everyone else posting has other languages ...

 
At January 17, 2007 8:25 PM, Anonymous Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing this. I've already mailed them a link, and the site is bookmarked and I'll be reading... wait a minute. You don't need to know all that. Pffft. Old age again.

But yeah, thanks! :)

 
At January 19, 2007 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for expat blogs - will be moving to UK and havent' found that much expat info/blogs

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.