Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve

Some of you have already rung in the new year, some of you still have a ways to go. We've got several hours to kill and will be celebrating with guests tonight, something different for a change. More on that tomorrow.

You won't believe where I came up with the idea for part of our dessert tonight. Well, the other day I was walking by our local optician's and saw a very cool window display, what looked like a huge masquerade mask made of gingerbread, and I though, "Hey! I can do that!" And I did.



And then I found an appropriate quote to go with it. Want to know what's in store for you in the coming year?

You do not need to leave your room.
Remain sitting at your table and listen.
Do not even listen, simply wait.
Do not even wait,
Be quite still and solitary.
The world will freely offer itself to you
And be unmasked, it has no choice.
It will roll in ecstasy at your feet.
Franz Kafka


2006 was very good to me - I made wonderful new friends and deepened my friendships with people I had met previously. I'm very thankful for those relationships. They're what keep me going when the going gets tough.


Each friend represents a world in us,
a world possibly not born until they arrive,
and it is only by this meeting
that a new world is born.
Anais Nin


We cannot tell the precise moment
when friendship is formed.
As in filling a vessel drop by drop,
there is a last drop which makes it run over;
so in a series of kindnesses there is a last one
which makes the heart run over.
John Boswell


This is one of my favourite pictures of my chubby little monkeys experiencing their first Christmas and New Year's together. Boy10 was 9 1/2 months, Boy13 would turn 4 at the end of February 1997. Don't they look happy?



A wish from our house to yours for 2007: peace, hope, joy and most of all love.

Lots and lots of love.

15 Comments:

At December 31, 2006 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kαλή Xρονιά με υγεία, αγάπη, χαρά και ευτυχία!

Happy New Year with health, love, joy and happiness!

 
At December 31, 2006 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you, Mausi! I wish you a joyous and peaceful year.

 
At January 01, 2007 4:45 AM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

yes it was great to meet you in 2006! I remember you are a night owl like P! I do hope many good things are still to come too.. Happy new year! and thanks for visiting...

 
At January 01, 2007 4:48 AM, Anonymous p. said...

Happy New Year Mausi :)

All the best to you and your family for 2007!

 
At January 01, 2007 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the masks! Wishing you and your family all the best in 2007. Buon anno!
Cyn
ps. We are leaving for Frankfurt tomorrow for a small vacation. Do you live anywhere near there? Any close by towns that deserve a visit?

 
At January 01, 2007 11:30 AM, Blogger Alison said...

Happy New Year Christina and all the best for 2007!

 
At January 01, 2007 3:43 PM, Anonymous Maribeth said...

Happy New Year to you, Mausi!

 
At January 01, 2007 7:13 PM, Anonymous Lisa said...

Happy New Year Christina, boys and Mr. Maus! :)

 
At January 01, 2007 8:06 PM, Blogger Windrose said...

A very happy new year, Christina, to you and your family. I very much enjoy reading your blog. You have a gift for writing. Hope to meet you some day in person.

 
At January 01, 2007 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Lovey New Year to you too!

 
At January 01, 2007 9:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Happy New Year!

Those mask cookies are one of the coolest things I've ever seen!

And that picture of your babies is one of the cutest things I've ever seen!

 
At January 02, 2007 5:26 PM, Blogger Ginnie said...

A gift for writing indeed...and cooking and putting things together (creativity)! I love the quotes to go with the incredible cookies (which I just showed Donica). And the darling pic of your boys. I love how you ended 2006 for us. And I am one of the lucky ones to have met you, virtually and real-ly, in 2006!

 
At January 02, 2007 9:03 PM, Blogger Angie said...

That Nin quote is one of my favorites, ever. It is so, so true.

 
At January 02, 2007 11:15 PM, Blogger christina said...

ellasdevil - Same to you!

hexe - Thank you, I'm going to try to make it a good one.

Expat and P - It was so fun meeting you guys in person. Just shows what a small (blogging) world it is. I'm SURE there are many good things yet to come.

Cynthia - I hope you guys had a good time in Germany. We live way up in the north.

Alison - Thanks!Who knows - maybe we'll even get to meet each other this year.

Maribeth - And to you and your adorable puppies too!

Lisa - Happy New Year. Hope it'll be a great one for all of you.

windrose - Well thank you so much. If I ever get to Newfoundland I'll be sure to drop in. :-)

Amy - Thank you! All the best to you for 2007.

melusina - Thanks! The masks went over really well, there are none left now. And I can't believe how big the babies have gotten. They're going to tower over me.

Ginnie - It's nice to have a creative outlet and I'm always amazed at what other bloggers come up with as well.


Angie - It IS so true - I've met friends this past year who really have opened up new worlds for me. It's wonderful. Happy New Year to you.

 
At January 04, 2007 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The masks are fabulous!!!

Carol

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.