Friday, November 17, 2006

what would JLo do, and how many Happy Meals does it take to fill up a 10-yr-old?

Right now I'm deciding what to wear to Bonn tomorrow and I've come across a bit of a dilemma. I've already got a top and some jeans picked out. Now it's the feet I'm worried about. According to J, we're supposed to bring an umbrella (check!) and wear "comfortable walking shoes". Well, that's just fine since we'll probably be do a lot of walking. BUT what if something unforseen happens? What if George Clooney suddenly appears and invites all us unaccompanied ladies out for drinks at Bonn's hippest new cocktail bar? What good are "comfortable walking shoes" going to do me then?

See my problem? As we know, I like to be prepared for any occasion. That's why I'm torn between these, purchased a couple of weeks ago by yours truly,



Zzzzzzz!


and these, presented to me some time ago by someone with quite a vivid imagination. Times worn: 1



Oooooh!

I know, I know, It's a tough choice, but I suppose I'll need to be boring and sensible and wear the walking shoes in the hope that if I DID by chance meet George, that he would love me for more than my footwear.

In other news, Boy10 came up to me the other day and said "Mummy, I'm kind of sad that you'll be gone for two days because I'll really miss you. But I'm kind of happy too, because Papa's taking us to McDonald's for lunch on Saturday and I get to eat anything I want! AND he's making us pancakes for dinner, isn't that great?"

I don't even want to KNOW what they're going to eat on Sunday.

Must get packing...

6 Comments:

At November 17, 2006 6:55 PM, Anonymous Neil @ In Actual Fact said...

Something that they've shot and skinned themselves, I would hope.

With chips.

And beer.

Look, don't worry about what they're going to eat, just be grateful that they'll be really glad to have you back after the weekend. And enjoy whining.

 
At November 17, 2006 7:13 PM, Blogger Ginnie said...

You are too-too funny, Ms. Christina. I'm glad you quickly realized George wouldn't love you just for your shoes. In fact, I think that's actually true about him!

The boys say the darnest things, don't they. Boy10 is just the sweetest thing and is already thinking like a man. HA.

I'll be thinking about y'all this weekend. Have a great time and say HI to everyone.

 
At November 17, 2006 7:34 PM, Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Wow! You guys have fun!!!

Personally, I'd pack the second pair of shoes to go with me....just in case. And because they're absolutely gorgeous!

 
At November 17, 2006 11:31 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

Oh I'd definitely take both pairs of shoes but I'm a notorious overpacker anyway.

 
At November 18, 2006 1:14 PM, Anonymous Maribeth said...

Just tuck the others in your backpack! Then you're George ready!

 
At November 19, 2006 3:46 AM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

LOL - now that is just too funny! Geeze if I had to decide, I'd bring both. Of course I have every size backpack you can imagine. Yeah I even acquired/brought that into Switzerland so you could also imagine my troubles bring all my stuff back!!!

Sounds like so much fun! Wishing I was there too... I hope there are pics!

LOL - that is too funny! I'm guessing boy 10 only eats one happy meal... I'd be shocked if it were 2.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.