Wednesday, September 13, 2006

would you like to see the w(h)ine list?

It's time. Time to spread the news about the Second Whiney Expat Bloggers in Germany Meet-Up to be held in Bonn on November 18-19, 2006. More details, suggested activities (did someone mention bowling??) and a list of those who are interested in attending can be perused at J's blog Germany Doesn't Suck. Just leave him a comment if you have any ideas, suggestions or questions.

And remember, any and all expats from anywhere in the general vicinity are invited. You don't have to live in Germany and you don't have to have a blog. Being a bit whiney would be a real plus, though, because that's what the weekend is all about, right? A chance to let off some steam with people who "get it".

I attended the first meet-up in Marburg last October and had a grand time. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not a very outgoing, social person in real life, so getting out on my own can be quite the challenge sometimes. But I certainly did enjoy meeting other expat bloggers in Marburg and have visited with several new-found friends since then. Not a bad apple in the bunch, I tell you.

So think about it. Even if you're new to Germany. Even if you're really, really shy. Even if the thought of getting on a DB train scares the bejeezus out of you. You can do it. You SHOULD do it.

You won't regret it. I sure didn't.

And speaking of no regrets, take a look at these happy expats that I found over at Ms. Mac's. Too funny.

8 Comments:

At September 13, 2006 5:07 PM, Blogger Ginnie said...

OK. I've just put the dates on my calendar and will TRY to make it, if we're in Germany then. That would be a hoot! Thanks for the heads-up.

 
At September 13, 2006 6:37 PM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

I saw the event on J's blog. I'd go in an instant if it weren't for the fact that I'm way on the other side of the earth!!!

 
At September 13, 2006 8:13 PM, Blogger J said...

Cheers for the link, Christina. Ginnie, I hope you can make it. ET buy your ticket now!

 
At September 14, 2006 5:42 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Wah, I want to go! Being a Germany blogger was way more exciting than being a Kentucky blogger.

 
At September 14, 2006 9:37 PM, Anonymous tobias said...

Sounds like a fantastic idea (great attitude!) that should be imported to Finland as well. Some days, whining is my favourite sport.
;)

 
At September 15, 2006 1:50 PM, Blogger christina said...

Ginnie - It would be great if you could make it. We'll see!

Expat - Yeah, one of these days they'll finally let you out of the country again and maybe you can make it over. :-)

J - No problem!

Bonnie - Hi! Thanks for dropping by. I love the cat's chicken costume!

Tobias - Yep, a little whining is good for the soul. You should definitely organize a meet-up in Finland.

 
At September 15, 2006 4:06 PM, Blogger EuroTrippen said...

Unfortunately the meetup is literally days after my in-laws & uncle in-law leave from their month long visit with us. I'm predicting I'll need a little time to decompress, but I'll reserve the option to show up at the last minute...

 
At September 15, 2006 4:14 PM, Blogger christina said...

EuroT - J mentioned to me that you'd be having visitors around that time, but you can see how it goes and maybe make a spontaneous decision. It would be so nice to meet you!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.