Monday, September 18, 2006

molding young minds since 2003

This morning I start back teaching my volunteer English classes at the elementary school library. Even though both of my boys have moved on to a different school now, I thought I'd hang around for a while and help out. I'll have two new groups of 4th graders and I thought we'd start off today's lessons with this useful tongue twister:

If you stick a stock of liquor in your locker
It is slick to stick a lock upon your stock
Or some joker who is slicker's going to trick you of your liquor
If you fail to lock your liquor with a lock.


Very sound advice, no? They'll thank me when they're older.

6 Comments:

At September 18, 2006 1:12 PM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

I didn't know that one, but I'm sure they'll appreciate the good advice.

 
At September 18, 2006 6:22 PM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

lol - don't know it either, a tongue twister for sure!

 
At September 18, 2006 7:02 PM, Anonymous Kiwi_kath said...

And I thought I'd heard all the tongue twisters. I like that one.

You may be surprised to know that you are fortunate to be able to utter the word "liquor" in a school. In the US these days that would be banned. Don't want the little darlings to have any perspective on the world, you know. Next year we will outlaw selling seashells by the seashore...

 
At September 19, 2006 12:15 AM, Blogger mar said...

LOL, great tongue twister!!

 
At September 19, 2006 8:21 AM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Hmmm, good advice to be sure. But I think I'll stick to reading it in my head and not trying it out loud.

 
At September 19, 2006 10:14 AM, Blogger Ginnie said...

I'm having great laughs this morning reading the comments on posts, like kiwi kath's! Or is it that I'm so glad to be back here in Hannover near you?!

That's a new tongue twister for me as well, so you deserve a Gold Star for it AND we'll let you use it in school because of the creative value :) Yes, they will definitely thank you when they're older.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.