Wednesday, July 19, 2006

a rolling stone gathers no moss

Full steam ahead with the packing. It is SO hot outside today - 33°C. Good thing I don't have to go anywhere. A lot of other heat-proof people, however, will be going somewhere this evening, because the Rolling Stones are continuing their Bigger Bang European Tour in Hannover. When I first moved here we lived in an apartment close to the stadium where most of the concerts were held and we were treated to the likes of Phil Collins, Michael Jackson and the infamous Stones just by opening a window.

I doubt I'd have the stamina to attend a Rolling Stones concert nowadays. You know what they say - "if it's too loud, you're too old", but Mr. M's secretary, a diehard Stones fan in her mid-50's, will be there tonight. She was so excited she had to take three days off this week and Mr. M had to actually do some work for a change. Ha ha.

This is one of my very favourite Rollings Stones songs from 1978. Just look at the expressions on their faces! We used to play this one at parties all the time when I was a teenager and it cracks me up every time I hear it.




Yep, Mick had it then and he's still got it now.

8 Comments:

At July 19, 2006 4:09 PM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

Haha - Bakersfield That's where I went to school. My brother still lives there... Now that place is hot. Most people would trade 33C for their 40plus weather any day.

My brother told me ha your vacation temps was where set my air conditioner. Almost true I guess... LOL Funny clip...

 
At July 19, 2006 4:25 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

Except he's like a 100 years older!
Hahaha!!!

 
At July 19, 2006 4:35 PM, Anonymous Lisa said...

Hearing an Englishman trying to speak with a Southern accent is almost painful.

 
At July 19, 2006 6:43 PM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

THAT was Mick?!!?! Ouch! I agree with Lisa! Have a great time in Canada.

 
At July 19, 2006 10:29 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hope you have a fantastic trip home and soak up every moment of it!

 
At July 20, 2006 6:49 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I love the Stones... but maybe it's because they have an entire song about me!

Have a fantastic trip!

 
At July 26, 2006 4:35 AM, Anonymous rana said...

This is great. Thank you very much.

 
At August 12, 2006 10:05 PM, Blogger Sparky said...

Another great reminder of how the Stones ruledm while the Beatles sucked. Amaying how the worse product often seems to have more success through mass compatibility... just ask the people at Betamax :))).

- Sparky

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.