Wednesday, June 21, 2006

talk about a punchline

I've have a headache since yesterday (which means it's going to last until tomorrow) so I got nothin' for you today except this very silly joke. Just consider it Canadian content.

Three men were sitting together bragging about how they had
given their new wives duties.

The first man had married an American woman, and bragged that he had told his wife she was going to do all the dishes and house cleaning that needed to be done at their house. He said that it took a couple days but on the third day he came home to a clean house and the dishes were all washed and put away.

The second man had married a woman from Australia. He bragged that he had given his wife orders that she was to do all the house cleaning, dishes, and the cooking. He told them that the first day he didn't see any results, but the next day it was better. By the third day, his house was clean, the dishes were done, and he had a huge dinner on the table.

The third man had married a Canadian girl. He boasted that he told her that her duties were to keep the house cleaned, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry done and to have a hot meal on the table three times a day.

He said the first day he didn't see anything, the second day he didn't see anything, but by the third day most of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye. Enough to fix himself a bite to eat, load the dishwasher, and call a landscaper.

13 Comments:

At June 21, 2006 4:50 PM, Anonymous Elle said...

HA!! :D Love it.

(hope your headache is better soon)

 
At June 21, 2006 6:46 PM, Blogger euro-trac said...

hehehe - nice...

 
At June 21, 2006 6:50 PM, Blogger euro-trac said...

Oh look - I'm back so soon. But I've just seen those strawberry tarts.

Can I marry your husband next year?

 
At June 21, 2006 8:35 PM, Blogger Betsy said...

I've always suspected that I was switched at birth. I must be Canadian... ;-)

 
At June 21, 2006 8:59 PM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

haha!

 
At June 21, 2006 9:39 PM, Blogger lily b said...

Heh. I must be a little bit Canadian. Maybe it's all those years of living so close to the border.

 
At June 22, 2006 12:15 AM, Blogger Dixie said...

Best joke I've heard in ages!

Hope your headache is gone pronto.

 
At June 22, 2006 3:59 AM, Blogger Ginnie said...

What a nice laugh, Christina. But how you can tell a joke with that long of a headache is beyond me. So sorry. Hope tomorrow is Magic for you.

 
At June 22, 2006 1:14 PM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Too funny! I hope you had that joke saved on your computer, ready for use and just had to copy/paste. Hope you get rid of that headache soon.

 
At June 22, 2006 5:46 PM, Blogger christina said...

Lisa - Thanks! Much better today.

Euro-Trac - I'll have to ask him if he'd be up to taking on a second wife, but I'm pretty sure he'd agree. ;-)

Betsy - We can make you an honourary citizen!

lilyb - Yep, it probably rubbed off on you.

Dixie - I think I actually originally heard this one in German and then came across it again the other day.

Ginnie - I've learned to work through the pain and become one with the headache. Actually, I just cut and pasted it. :-)

Canadian Swiss - Yep, like I told Ginny - cut and paste. Headache is on its way out today - thanks!

 
At June 22, 2006 6:04 PM, Blogger wthenrest said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Go Canadian Women!!!! good one
Hopefully laughter gets rid of the headache

 
At June 22, 2006 10:03 PM, Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

*LMAO*

 
At June 24, 2006 11:45 PM, Blogger Windrose said...

Oh, I'm always a bit late it seems to catch up with all the activity on your blog.

Thanks for this one, Christina.

I can never remember jokes, but this one, I am sure, I will. Is it the Canadian influence ...?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.