Saturday, May 20, 2006

putty in the hands of the Deutsche Bahn

My train leaves Hannover tomorrow (well, today now) at 8 a.m. and with any luck I should arrive in Darmstadt around noon. I say "around noon" because although the train is scheduled to get in at 11:53 a.m., you never really know when you're going to get there, or even if you're going to get there at all. I'll be wearing my lucky underwear and thinking postive thoughts.

When you book your ticket online at the Deutsche Bahn site and ask them to send it to you by mail, you receive a very official looking envelope from the DB "Fulfillment Center" aka the ticket office. I'm wondering who the heck made that up, and also what else they could do for a person. Hmm.

The girlie count is up to four now, although with birthday #43 coming up in a hurry, I'm wondering if I can still really classify myself as a girl. But what the heck, eh?

I've heard tell that Sparky, Jen's lovely and talented partner in crime, will be playing the role of the butler this weekend. This should be veeeery interesting. There have been rumours of Mexican food, sangria, cookies, cake and lots of other delicacies. We have been advised to bring comfortable clothes. I have a feeling my yoga pants are going to come in handy.

If I don't check in on Monday, you'll know that I had such a good time that I decided to move in with Jen and Sparky and their three cats. The more the merrier, right?

10 Comments:

At May 20, 2006 3:31 AM, Blogger Ginnie said...

I am quite upset, Christina, that I am missing this rendezvous by just a couple of days, since I fly to Hannover on Sunday. I would have loved to join you at the HBF in Hannover for the trip to Darmstadt. Guess I'll have to join everyone else and just see it through your eyes. Have a splendiferous time! Drink a sangria for me and do come back. :)

 
At May 20, 2006 7:58 AM, Blogger J said...

Have a wonderful time!

 
At May 20, 2006 2:17 PM, Anonymous Nori said...

Have a wonderful time! I am jealous. :)
I am looking forward to reading your nice report like “Ginnie, Mausi, Dixie Peach”. And, I am going to link and read Ms.Jen’s blog.

Oh, yeah yeah!! You are classified as a girl! It is absolutely. Why do you wonder? ;)

Nori

 
At May 20, 2006 4:53 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Have a great time!

Deutsche Bahn needs to take some lessons from the Swiss public transport people! I know I rag on the Swiss a lot but at least when I get on a train I know when I'm going to arrive where I want to go!

;-)

 
At May 20, 2006 5:13 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Sparky should be scared. very very scared. ;-)

Hope you ladies have a fun time... I'm sure you will :)

 
At May 20, 2006 5:38 PM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

Ginnie feel lucky that you can at least meet up! And yes I can't wait to see pics and hear all about it. Hope you made it on time and you should actually be heading back in a few hrs...

 
At May 20, 2006 6:56 PM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Ohhhh. That'll be fun!! And 3 cats to your allergies. Did you decide on a medicine for that?? I hope it will work. Otherwise, I'm sure you'll have a great time (sneezing or hopefully not ;-))

 
At May 21, 2006 12:54 AM, Blogger Haddock said...

Have a great time and lots of fun :)

 
At May 21, 2006 2:18 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

well I hope that you do have a good time but I look forward to reading all about it!!!

 
At May 22, 2006 9:41 AM, Blogger mar said...

What fun! can't wait to hear all about this! I will be in Hamburg in a month, anybody going to be there? :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.