Thursday, May 25, 2006

how many Gemini does it take to change a lightbulb?

Yes, it's my birthday today and I woke up to these beautiful flowers this morning.



Mr M also gave me a lovely present that I wasn't expecting at all, but more on that later.

This was my horoscope for today:

Some time alone with the man in your life is definitely called for today, Christina. The social whirl of recent weeks has put you into touch with a lot of old friends, and enabled you to make new ones, but now it's time to relax at home and spend the evening together. You might discuss your plans for your future together, perhaps with regard to possible changes in your living situation. You might also give considerable thought to your career.

Ooooh, they always get it right, don't they?

I'm a Gemini, and if you know anything about astrology or the signs of the zodiac, you'll know the traits associated with having your sun in Gemini. Here are a few interesting tidbits I found on the net. I'll let you judge for yourself how accurate they are.

Gemini and Mercury main motivations: curiosity, observation, perception, analysis, learning, dealing with details, debating, duality, connecting, communicating, conversation, collecting facts, categorizing, informing, intelligence-gathering, reporting, reading, persuading, moving around, making contacts, changing, adapting, being versatile, using the intellect, avoiding boredom.

Whew. Makes you tired just reading that, doesn't it?

And how about this one:

What attracts the Gemini woman?

The man who attracts you is clever and changeable, and a great conversationalist. If he can keep you guessing, then he'll keep you interested.

"Communication" is very important to you, so the man who can share information and ideas appeals to you. If he says interesting things and stimulates you intellectually, he'll spark a romantic interest too.

You respond to clever conversation and things that arouse your curiosity. Double meanings, sexual innuendos, word-games, and witty flirting arouse your interest.

You can be a sucker for the "smooth-talker", but also for the "good listener" who seems interested in everything you have to say. And you do have lots to say.

If you have Mars in Gemini, you may be especially drawn to men who arouse your curiosity or offer a variety of experiences. Being "interesting" is more important to you than being exceptionally attractive.

At times you may find yourself attracted to, or involved with, more than one man. Juggling two relationships may require some quick thinking and convincing story telling - but that comes naturally to a Gemini type like you.


Ahem.

And last but not least, did you know that there are actually light bulb jokes for all the signs of the zodiac? Gemini has a multiple personality, so of course there are multiple answers to the eternal question.

Q: How many Gemini does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Two. Plus a portable phone, an Internet link and a copy of the "Bluffer's Guide to Changing Lightbulbs."


Q: How many Gemini does it take to change a lightbulb?

A:At least two to take out the old bulb, two to shop for a new one, two to write a book about it and two more to discuss it on a talk show.


Q: How many Gemini does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Two (of course) but it will take all week and when they're done the light bulb will do your homework, speak French and shine in any colour you want it to.


Yep. I guess that's why the light bulb changing in this house is left to someone else.

As well as being Ascension Day, a public holiday, today is also Father's Day in Germany. As I mentioned last year, it's not really a day for fathers to spend time with their families, but rather for fathers to spend time with each other. And that means getting drunk, a popular German pastime, especially when it's a holiday. However Mr M, being a family man, is home today and we're about to make him a big brunch with lots and lots of bacon. Later on this afternoon there will be cake, cake and more cake in honour of ME. Because I am so very fabulous (aren't we all?) but mostly because I have made it this far without killing anyone.

I wonder if the 43 candles will set off the smoke alarm?

27 Comments:

At May 25, 2006 12:00 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday, dear Christina.
Happy Birthday to you!

Trust me, be very thankful that you only had to read it and not hear it. Beautiful roses. And the best part of turning 43? Sweetie, you sure as hell don't look it! Seriously people, I have met her. I was thinking like 35.

I mentioned to the German that you live near Hannover, and so we should be able to meet up on the 16th before the game. Kick off is at 9:00pm and we are both taking the day off from work. We should have a lot of time in the afternoon.

 
At May 25, 2006 12:16 PM, Blogger Alison said...

A big Belgian (Canadian) Happy Birthday to you!

 
At May 25, 2006 1:20 PM, Blogger cmhl said...

happy happy birthday to you, Mausi!!

 
At May 25, 2006 2:20 PM, Blogger Antipodeesse said...

Have a lovely day, and be sure to treat us to a picture of your cake!
xxx

 
At May 25, 2006 2:47 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy the day!

Michelle

 
At May 25, 2006 3:07 PM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Happy birthday Christina!

 
At May 25, 2006 3:35 PM, Blogger Ginnie said...

If we Gemini can't take a joke, right?! I love it, all of it. I love that we're both Gemini and really do understand what the fuss is all about. The nice thing about being "Twins" is that there are two of us and that means we can fool them at least some of the time :)

Have a perfect day in every way. If you get drunk on too much cake, at least you have a long weekend to sleep it off.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (again)!

 
At May 25, 2006 4:27 PM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

Happy Birthday Christina!!! Hope today is wonderful!

 
At May 25, 2006 5:10 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Happy birthday Ms Gemini! Have a great day!

 
At May 25, 2006 5:16 PM, Blogger lily b said...

Have a wonderful birthday!

I think all occasions should be celebrated with bacon, but that's probably my German blood speaking.

 
At May 25, 2006 7:50 PM, Blogger J said...

Happy Bday, Christina!

 
At May 25, 2006 8:30 PM, Blogger Mike B said...

Would that be "Joyeux Anniversaire" or "Bonne Fete?"

Anyway you say it, Happy Birthday, eh?

 
At May 25, 2006 9:57 PM, Anonymous amy said...

Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You!

I love that the plural of Gemini is Gemini.

 
At May 25, 2006 9:59 PM, Anonymous amy said...

okay, my Gemini comment was dorky, now that I think about it. I just had to state that I realize that. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 
At May 25, 2006 10:42 PM, Blogger Betsy said...

Happy Birthday, Christina!

 
At May 25, 2006 11:59 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

Happy birthday, Christina! I hope your new life year is just wonderful and filled with wishes that come true!

 
At May 26, 2006 3:02 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Happy BirthdaY, Christina!!

 
At May 26, 2006 8:21 AM, Blogger jen said...

Happy Birthday, Christina!

Can't wait 'til you satisfy my curiosity about Mr. M's present...

Have a great day, a great weekend and come back to us soon :).

- sparky

 
At May 26, 2006 8:45 AM, Anonymous Belinda said...

:( poo i missed wishing you a happy birthday. i've been ill over the holidayv(of course!).

happy belated birthday ms. mausi and I hope you're all over that cake overload from yesterday ;)

.b

 
At May 26, 2006 10:29 AM, Blogger Haddock said...

Sorry I am a day late with the congrats. Happy Birthday to you!

 
At May 26, 2006 12:00 PM, Blogger mar said...

I am late but wishing you a happy bday as well! It was also my sister's bday yesterday, she's 44 now. And today I am posting about the first blogger I met from my blogroll, exciting days!

 
At May 26, 2006 12:25 PM, Blogger swissmiss said...

Happy birthday! Lovely flowers

 
At May 26, 2006 1:13 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Happy belated birthday Ms. Mausi! Gorgeous flowers. I see your husband has good taste, you lucky girl, in so many ways. :) Re: murder - I'm right with you on that one. I get an in-game toy for my birthday again next year, I'm gonna be blogging from my prison cell by way of carrier pigeon. Hope your day was all the best. Looking forward to hearing about your surprise.

 
At May 26, 2006 1:43 PM, Blogger EllasDevil said...

ΧΡΟΝΙΑ ΠΟΛΛΑ CHRISTINA

I hope you had an absolutely fantastic day

 
At May 26, 2006 1:54 PM, Blogger euro-trac said...

Oooops, only just dropped by, so I'm late!

Hope you had a lovely day...
:o)

 
At May 26, 2006 5:50 PM, Anonymous Nori said...

Happy Birthday, Christina!!
Fantastic flowers♪
I’m sorry to be late for one day.
You are a GEMINI?! Woooow, I’m a Gemini,too. People who are a Gemini are ONLY GOOD PEOPLE, aren’t you? ;)
(I HAD WRITTEN on Ms.GINNIE’s blog that “People who were born in June are only good people, aren’t you?” Hehe. Well, I am born in JUNE.)
I hope you have a WONDERFUL year like those beautiful roses. :)

Sincerely
Nori

 
At May 28, 2006 1:25 AM, Blogger christina said...

Thank you so much for the great birthday wishes, everyone. I really appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.