Wednesday, February 15, 2006

my sweet boys

Just a couple of pictures of the wonderful way I was treated by the men in my life on Valentine's Day.

Check out this assortment of interesting flowers. Quite the eclectic mix, don't you think?




In the back there's an orchid and another pretty plant that shall remain nameless until I look it up. The spring basket is from Boy9 and Boy12 - there's a little bumble bee in it - "bee mine" - get it? And then Mr. M planted two baskets of mystery bulbs. I think they're crocuses. I guess I'll find out soon.

Mr. M and Boy9 got chocolates (Boy12 will get his when he comes back on Friday). Boy9 has eaten his already, but Mr. M is trying to do Weight Watchers and is afraid to check how many points are in a chocolate covered marzipan heart!

The best thing for me was the present Boy9 made me. On Monday night we had a slight...um...altercation about various things and he went stomping off telling me I was a bad mummy and that I could just forget Valentine's Day. He's quite the cranky little guy sometimes but I knew his bad mood wouldn't last long. Later on he scurried off to his room and stayed in there for ages rustling around, obviously making one of his creations.

And yesterday morning I woke up to this.



We had the pot from last year and he made a shiny flower (I'm informed that it's a rose) to go with it. There are little cut-out hearts inside the flower too, and on the larger heart hanging off the leaf it says: "Did you really think I wouldn't give you a present? I love you."

He got a BIG smooch for that one.

18 Comments:

At February 15, 2006 4:20 PM, Anonymous Wendy said...

I'm listening to louis armstrong singing what a wonderful world and reading your post and thinking it's not such a bad place, this world of ours...not when you're so loved. That was lovely.

 
At February 15, 2006 4:27 PM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

Wow - your little 9 year old is such an artist! I love that one the most. Although I love the way the orchids look also. The thing I miss the most is chocolate covered marzipan. We rarely find it here. I saw one yesterday and maybe I should have gotten it for P, but I didn't. And when we were in Switzerland, I couldn't find the type I wanted, what a blow to the ego!!!

 
At February 15, 2006 5:08 PM, Blogger Sparky said...

That is SOOOO cute.
Guess having kids is not all that bad :).

- sparky

 
At February 15, 2006 5:41 PM, Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

That is just waaaay too cute!

 
At February 15, 2006 6:16 PM, Blogger christina said...

Wendy - Love is all you need. :-)

Expat - Yes, he's very creative. The orchid is really interesting, isn't it. One of the good things about living here is that plants and cut flowers are very reasonably priced - I guess most of them come from Holland. We always get blown away when we're in Vancouver at the price for a bunch of flowers.
And send me your address and I'll send you chocolate covered marzipan!

Sparky - So glad you guys got back in one piece! Oh yes, having kids is one of the great pleasures in life. Couldn't live without 'em.

Elemm - I thought so too. :-)

 
At February 15, 2006 7:08 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

How sweet is that? You are obviously very loved, as you should be!

 
At February 15, 2006 7:14 PM, Blogger Alison said...

What a creative little guy you have! and I love the flowers.

I love how cheap plants are here too. I remember ordering a bunch of tulips for a friend in Canada from FTD for 45$. My dutch friends thought I was totally insane. Then I went to the flower market and bought 50 for 5 euro.

 
At February 15, 2006 7:48 PM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

That is sooo sweet of Boy9. Very talented. Made me think of a recent post you wrote where the teachers were "blocking" his creativity. Pfft.

 
At February 15, 2006 10:03 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

What great Valentine treats in the Mausi household! And Boy9's rose creation is just perfect. He's very talented!

 
At February 15, 2006 11:14 PM, Blogger Nyana said...

those are THE best presents ever. Boy9 sounds like such a character- i guess he's the creative engine of the family! how nice to be remembered and loved by all the man in your family.
You're a lady with a following Christina! (oh by the way, will you take a picture of the mystery bulbs when they bloom? i'm curious to see what they will look like)

 
At February 16, 2006 1:29 AM, Blogger Just another American Expat said...

I gift wrapped a Snickers bar for my wife. Pretty romantic…hey?

 
At February 16, 2006 4:07 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

What lovely and thoughtful boys you have!

 
At February 16, 2006 6:50 AM, Blogger lily b said...

What a great bunch of guys you have! I love the note on the rose. :)

 
At February 16, 2006 1:13 PM, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

That is fantastically sweet. You are a lucky mom!

 
At February 16, 2006 9:04 PM, Blogger Ginnie said...

I love the mystery of the bulbs--kinda like love, right?! And it was so wonderful that YOU knew Boy9's "altercation" would be short-lived. Sometimes that's when the creativity works the best, as evidenced in his precious gift to you. It's clear you are one loved woman!

 
At February 17, 2006 2:10 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

one damn big smooch I am sure!!

 
At February 18, 2006 4:34 PM, Blogger swissmiss said...

How sweet. You're a lucky mom.

I noticed you used "mummy" - after reading the diversionary tactics I fear to ask if Mum/mummy is more common in Canada (I know it's a big, diverse country! people are different everywhere!) than mom/mommy but I will ask anyway. So is mummy common Canadian?

 
At February 19, 2006 4:33 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

VERY pretty flowers, oh I love them and my husband also bought me a plant (an azaela bush) for Valentine's Day. I've got bulbs blooming in my apartment right now, because I "force them", so I'll have to post about that soon too!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.