Friday, January 06, 2006

you try to raise them to be upstanding citizens and what happens?

On Thursday afternoons Mr. M leaves work early and goes swimming with the boys. They love going with him but although they usually get along fairly well, there are times when things get a bit out of control and Mr. M comes back pretty frazzled. Yesterday was interesting.

Mr: Boy9 practiced creative anger management today.

Me: (Turning to Boy9) Oh, really? Tell me all about it.

Boy9: Well, when we were getting changed after swimming, Boy12 made me really, really mad. But I didn't hit him.

Me: That's good. You know I don't like it when you hit each other all the time. What did you do instead?

Boy9: I rubbed my underpants in his face!


Eew.


(I'm off to bed at a reasonable hour this evening to get into practice for back-to-school on Monday morning. Bleh.)

11 Comments:

At January 06, 2006 11:18 PM, Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Eeeeeew!

 
At January 07, 2006 12:34 AM, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

So...it was Boy12 who did the hitting in the end, eh?

 
At January 07, 2006 1:27 AM, Blogger The Big Finn said...

Boy9: Congratulations...you are a true boy!!! Nicely done!

 
At January 07, 2006 1:59 AM, Anonymous lillian said...

lol.. a true boy. Monday our kids are back to school too... help ! i loved sleeping late every morning !

 
At January 07, 2006 10:39 AM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Sounds like something my brother would have done!

 
At January 07, 2006 11:05 AM, Blogger The SeaWitch said...

I'm sure there's the seed of a cartoon series in there somewhere Christina. LOL

 
At January 07, 2006 3:19 PM, Blogger Ginnie said...

As they say, "Boys will be boys!"

I've been thoroughly enjoying your posts of the last few days, Christina. I'm guessing 15 years really is a long time to be an expat, so my best wishes go out to you this year for being able to follow your dreams.

 
At January 07, 2006 4:42 PM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

Haha - That one made me laugh. Way to go Boy9, creative thinking there and what a way to get back at the big brother. Yes We'd like to know if boy9 got hit back for doing so?

 
At January 07, 2006 4:46 PM, Blogger Haddock said...

Thats the sort off stuff that boys do! - like it or not, its creative and really quite funny!

 
At January 07, 2006 5:08 PM, Anonymous mar said...

Boys are boys! I am sure they will both remember this one afternoon!

 
At January 07, 2006 9:16 PM, Blogger christina said...

Boy12, in a remarkable display of self-control, claims to have NOT his his little brother back. I am truly amazed.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.