Tuesday, November 15, 2005

trivial pursuit

Not much time to blog today so here's a meme I got from J's blog.

1. What's for breakfast?

- müsli with apples and milk, coffee (an exception)

2. Do you read a newspaper daily?

- yes, the Hannoversche Allgemeine

3. What do you do when you can't sleep?

- get up and read for a couple of hours

4. Say a word that sums up your mood.

- anxious

5. Do you remember your dreams?

- most of the time

6. Name something from your dream last night?

- other bloggers

7. Name a food that describes you.

- umm...chocolate pudding?

8. Today you are wearing...

- yoga pants!

9. What's in your pockets?

- yoga pants don't have pockets, silly

10.Did you sing in the shower today?

- sure, Limp Bizkit's cover version of "Behind Blue Eyes"

11.What's the last song you heard?

- "White Flag" by Dido

12.Looking forward to the holidays?

- Christmas, no. Summer, YES!

13. Where do you want to be this instant?

- Vancouver or somewhere else on the West Coast

14.What's for lunch?

- macaroni and cheese and carrot sticks are looking like a distinct possibility

15. What's something you would like to do soon?

- win the lottery and move

16. Reading anything now? What is it?

- just finished "Snow Falling on Cedars"

17. What's for dinner?

- oven-roasted salmon with new potatoes, green beans and a tomato and mozarella salad.

18. A Favorite part of the day is...

- 7:30 a.m. when everyone but me is out of the house

19.Are you happy?

- not really, but I'm working on that every day...

20. Will your friends do this meme?

- I have no idea.

15 Comments:

At November 15, 2005 11:17 AM, Blogger hippo_pepperpot said...

I think it was just a smoke bomb... that is what Rollie and Dons said. It didn't smell like smoke and I am not bleeding out of my eyes so I suppose it wasn't toxic.? There are always weird things going on in my neighbourhood... most of the time people just check it out to see it it is life threatening or not. The fire brigade didn't even show up for this one.
Do you take anything for depression in the winter? I am going to do your meme just for fun.

 
At November 15, 2005 11:36 AM, Blogger christina said...

hippo - Me, take anything for depression? Nahh, my life is depressing enough. HA HA HA! Just kidding. No, I've never taken any kind of antidepressants.

I bet one of the scary mums set off that smoke bomb. :-)

 
At November 15, 2005 11:45 AM, Anonymous mar said...

May 2006 bring you a winning ticket for the lottery. Do you buy them? otherwise your chances are very low :D I like your menu for today! Mmmh, salmon. Have a nice day. (I love to have the house to myself)

 
At November 15, 2005 12:28 PM, Blogger christina said...

Thanks Mar! Yes, we buy a lottery ticket every week. I even won €12.50 once! :-) The salmon is from Norway and it's really, really good.

 
At November 15, 2005 3:58 PM, Blogger cmhl said...

just so you know, I secretly have a thing for Fred Durst of limp bizkit. I think he is hot. so cute.

 
At November 15, 2005 4:59 PM, Blogger traveller one said...

I did this meme too- it was one of the few easy ones where you don't need to think for 8 hours before answering the questions!

 
At November 15, 2005 5:09 PM, Blogger christina said...

cmhl - I just had a look at Fred and I dunno. I think he's too young for me and the tattoos freak me out. All the more for you! :-)

traveller one - I know! That's why I did it too. :-)

 
At November 15, 2005 6:31 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Christina;
I would do it but it would be incredibly boring and I don't want to admit that I had a sugar donut for breakfast and a cheese burrito for lunch (well, now I gues I've done it anyway:). I am going to Penticton next week for a conference...literally arriving for two days in a hotel and then turning around and coming home again; I probably won't see anything. Are you familiar with the area (hesitated to ask, because I didn't want to upset your "homesickness"?...)

 
At November 15, 2005 6:41 PM, Blogger Calamity Tat said...

I loved your pumpkin photos yesterday. Why you not happy????

 
At November 15, 2005 11:25 PM, Blogger SwissTwist said...

oohhh that dinner menu sounds good!!

Could we have more details on that dream please.. *snigger*

 
At November 15, 2005 11:36 PM, Blogger christina said...

Tat - oh, you know, this and that. Most of the time I do make a conscious choice to be happy, but it doesn't always work. Glad you enjoyed the pumpkins!

swisstwist - nothing even remotely naughty, I'm afraid. ;-)

 
At November 16, 2005 1:00 PM, Blogger Sparky said...

Hey, if it was about other bloggers and NOT naughty, I take offense ;).

As for the whole happiness thing - why don't you drop by here for a day or two and we all raise each others' happiness factor?

And no, that was NOT a naughty double entrendee :).

- Sparky,
thinking about giving both you and Jen a break from "being alone in Germany with just a hubby/children around"

 
At November 16, 2005 1:27 PM, Blogger christina said...

Thanks, Sparky! That DID sound kind of naughty, though! ;-)

 
At November 16, 2005 7:10 PM, Blogger traveller one said...

I'd watch out for that Sparky character *wink wink*

 
At November 17, 2005 1:24 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

I had a dream about other bloggers too before! How odd is that, dreaming about people you don't know! ;-) Funny that you mention having just finished "Snow Falling on Cedars", because I just finished "Middlesex" and was thinking about what to read next, and "Snow Falling on Cedars" crossed my mind as being a good winter read. We had our 1st snow flurried here in Chicago today. Anyway, what did you think of the book? Do you recommend it?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.