Saturday, October 15, 2005

typing with one finger

It all started Thursday night when I went to bed feeling really, really dizzy. I think it's my sinuses, but I'm not sure. I never get cold symptoms any more - everything just goes right to my head and sticks there. The dizziness was still there in a big way when I woke up on Friday so after I got the kids off to school I went back to bed. For four hours. Not much improvement but I managed to function, which meant being able to successfully open the can of ravioli at lunch time without passing out.

We thought about cancelling our Friday night dinner date with our friends at our place, but since we were only having submarine sandwiches anyway (aka Make Your Own Damn Sandwich Because I Don't Feel Like Cooking), Mr. M did all the necessary grocery shopping and I only had to do the usual frenzied tidy-up before they got there.

Boy9 had been begging all week to have a little friend of his come in the afternooon and stay over on Friday night so I agreed to that, and Boy12 had a pal over until about 6. You can really tell these kids are growing up because after a couple of hours I found myself flinging open all the doors and windows to avoid having the entire house smell of unwashed boys when our dinner guests arrived.

All the men, little friend included, headed off to the flea market early this morning, leaving me to sleep as long as I wanted to. And sleep I did. Finally made it out of bed at 4 p.m., as I mentioned, and now seem to be on the way to making a full recovery although the head pressure is still there.

If you live in Germany and suffer from frequent colds/sinus problems, This stuff is the bomb. Works great for kids, too, and can sometimes stop a cold right in its tracks. I'm still waiting for it to take effect, but expect to be feeling better by tomorrow.

Starting Monday the boys are on their Herbstferien - autumn holidays - for two weeks. Yay. We plan to take it easy, maybe see a couple of movies, plan our Halloween celebrations and sort out a bunch of toys they don't play with anymore. They brought home another truckload of crapola from the flea market today, so we all agreed that a whole pile of other stuff needs to go.

4 Comments:

At October 16, 2005 4:17 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

Autumn Holiday--I need one of those! I love flea markets but surprisingly I've never been to one in the Chicago area. I didn't know Halloween was celebrated in Europe, but I guess I can look forward to hearing some posts about it. I'm hoping to go to a big party or something, and I'm gonna actually put in an effort in designing an awesome costume this year I think.

 
At October 16, 2005 8:45 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Get better soon! And you are right, Sinupret is a "lifesaver".

 
At October 16, 2005 9:09 AM, Blogger Katja said...

I looove Sinupret. When I lived in the US, I had my family send it to me in Care packages...

 
At October 16, 2005 10:44 AM, Anonymous Haddock said...

We use Sinus medication imported from the USA (can't remember the brand) and its good stuff. Mrs H. gets blocked sinus quite a lot and I used to suffer infected sinus a lot back in my scuba diving days.
The normal German stuff from the pharmacy is rubbish though - doesnt seem to do anything!
Hope you feeling a bit better now.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.