Wednesday, October 05, 2005

this just in

"Vancouver, B.C. is the world's most desirable place to live", says CNN International, reporting on the results of a liveability ranking survey put out by
the Economist Intelligence Unit.

The top ranking doesn't surprise me, even if I am extremely biased. Of course these kind of "who's the best" surveys need to be taken with a grain of salt and I know for a fact that there are many, many wonderful places to live in the world. But if you've never been to Vancouver, do go there some time and I think you'll see what they're talking about.

And now for the 67th time this year, I will proceed to bang my head on the desk and yell "What the hell was I thinking??!!" in a very loud voice. Don't worry, I'll be OK again in a minute.

8 Comments:

At October 05, 2005 4:26 PM, Blogger cmhl said...

hahahah.

I have been to Vancouver one time, and it is beautiful.. I bet you miss it. are you permanently in Germany?

 
At October 05, 2005 4:43 PM, Blogger christina said...

cmhl - yes, unless we win the lottery it looks like we're here to stay. I miss Vancouver A LOT.

 
At October 05, 2005 4:52 PM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

Well Switzerland is second as usual. I love Europe so don't feel bad about being there. That was my last place of residence before I moved to Canada. But it looks like I'm here to stay in Vancouver.

 
At October 05, 2005 6:01 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

My headbanging must be providing a counterpoint to your own, Christina. Flight tomorrow evening!

 
At October 05, 2005 9:08 PM, Blogger christina said...

Hannah - I can see how you'd be torn. I know what it's like to miss family. Hope you have a safe flight back!

 
At October 05, 2005 9:42 PM, Blogger J said...

For some odd reason, I don't miss North America as much as you do.

 
At October 05, 2005 11:35 PM, Blogger christina said...

J - I can imagine that your personal North America was and is probably vastly different than mine. :-)

And as I've said before, it's not just the scenery and the individuality and the multiculturalism I miss. I've also got a lot of family ties there that are extremely important to me.

 
At October 05, 2005 11:53 PM, Blogger christina said...

Hi Expat Traveler - thanks for stopping by. Switzerland does seem to be pretty popular with a lot of people(just don't tell ms. mac!:-)) I guess everyone has a place he or she feels drawn to and where I live now just doesn't do it for me. Oh well.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.