Saturday, October 22, 2005

all systems go

23:41 p.m. - I'm all set for my day trip and will be heading off to bed shortly, only to be rudely awakened by my clock radio at 5:45 a.m. tomorrow morning. That's what you get for living out in the boondocks. I just need to check my purse one more time to see if I have everything I need:
  • train ticket
  • passport
  • cell phone
  • gum
  • kleenex
  • adequate amounts of money
  • travel sickness pills (you never know)
  • camera
  • umbrella
  • emergency granola bar

Yep, that should do it.

Mr. M has managed to get himself and the boys invited to both breakfast AND lunch (usually the main meal in Germany) at his parents' tomorrow with a shopping trip downtown (they only live 10 minutes away from the city centre) between the two meals. I'm sure much time will be spent in the toy and computer game departments, since Papa likes his toys just as much as the kids do.

Full report of my adventures on Sunday.

See ya!


9 Comments:

At October 22, 2005 3:04 AM, Anonymous lillian said...

Lucky you!! Have a GREAT time !

 
At October 22, 2005 5:57 AM, Blogger J said...

5:45? I've been up since 4:30! I've looked at the train schedules and it appears that I live farther than you do from Marburg. Plus, you get an ICE train whereas I'm stuck on a lowly Regional.

See you soon.

 
At October 22, 2005 8:11 AM, Anonymous haddock said...

well I woke up at a leisurely 07:00. See ya in marburg in hour or so! :)

 
At October 22, 2005 8:13 AM, Blogger Sandra said...

Why do you need your passport? Are you whiny expat bloggers planning to make a run for the border?

 
At October 22, 2005 10:22 AM, Blogger traveller one said...

Oh the day sounds like so much fun! Can't wait ti hear all about it.
Travel sickness pills??? Haha- we need them here just to go to the supermarket!

 
At October 22, 2005 2:41 PM, Blogger Calamity Tat said...

Have Fab time, can't wait to read about it :-)

 
At October 22, 2005 3:01 PM, Blogger euro-trac said...

Hi.. just catching up! About this laser surgery!? I had my eyes done about 5 years ago now and it is quite simply the best money that I have ever spent!! Sell your car, sell your children - do what it takes to raise the money! :-)
The op itself isn't the most pleasant thing in the world but it is only 10mins an eye! I can see everything and appreciate my eyesight everyday, even now...
***********
Have a nice trip!

 
At October 22, 2005 3:08 PM, Blogger euro-trac said...

p.s. Obviously there are risks and there are some scary stories about.. but it worked brilliantly for me and my only regret about the whole thing was not doing it years before.

 
At October 22, 2005 4:16 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

papa and his toys;
sounds like my husband with his two. Who wants to toys more them or him?
Have a great trip!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.