Wednesday, October 12, 2005

actually lived to see another day

Well, after a good cry, a bit of hanky panky and a decent night's sleep (in that order, please) I woke up this morning feeling a bit better. But only a bit. I think I may be coming down with something involving a sore throat and a sinus infection - my specialty. Boy12 has a tickle in his throat as well, so he's probably the one who passed it on to me.

My autoimmune symptoms (muscle and joint pain, extreme fatigue, brain fog, mild depression and blah blah blah I could go on for years) have also really been bothering me lately and that certainly doesn't do anything for my mood. I just wish I could for once make it through the day feeling "normal". Whatever that is. Many of my symptoms mimic those of both Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. Not much fun. I've upped my thyroid meds a bit and will need to wait a few weeks to see if it makes any difference at all.

Whine, whine, whine. That's me. Thanks for listening.

Stay tuned for big excitement tomorrow: the chimney sweep is coming to our house for his annual visit! At 7 a.m! Woo hoo!

11 Comments:

At October 12, 2005 9:39 p.m., Blogger Antipodeesse said...

But is he a SEXY chimney sweep?!

 
At October 12, 2005 9:47 p.m., Blogger Calamity Tat said...

Nothing like a bit of hanky panky to cure the blues.....

 
At October 12, 2005 10:03 p.m., Blogger christina said...

Antipo- yes, his is QUITE attractive. Unfortunately, he's really only here for 5 minutes checking the furnace and then we don't see him for another year.

Tat -absolutely, works every time. At least all the important bits are still in working order. ;-)

 
At October 12, 2005 10:31 p.m., Blogger Expat Traveler said...

Funny that I felt the same way yesterday or maybe it's the fact that teachers are on strike and the kids don't have school. Makes my days too full and too busy for me. Things could be a bit worse. :) Oh well - gotta love that autumn weather....

 
At October 13, 2005 2:41 a.m., Anonymous lillian said...

Hang in there! I can totally relate.

 
At October 13, 2005 7:38 a.m., Blogger hippo_pepperpot said...

a good cry and a good shag always does wonders for me :o)
while I have been w/o a car I have noticed that having to get out and walk has done me a lot of good too.... I just don't like getting cold!!!! hope you feel better today. I have been a bit on the blue side the last few days but that was due to PMT... oh well... at least it isn't as bad as it use to be.
xxx

 
At October 13, 2005 7:40 a.m., Anonymous mar said...

Isn't he the one who brings luck to you when you shake hands? Give him a good hand shake! . Hope you feel better today! (and thank you for you comment on my blog)

 
At October 13, 2005 9:56 a.m., Blogger Karen said...

Our chimney sweep comes twice a year. And they are expensive!

Hope you are feeling better!

 
At October 13, 2005 11:25 a.m., Blogger Homer said...

Oh for the days when you could just send a Victorian orphan up a chimney...

Christina, good site for you:
www.kitkam.ca - a clear photo of Burrard Bridge refreshed every 5 minutes. How many times have I walked past the Molson brewery and stopped on that bridge for a look at False Creek? Oh god, I'm gonna start bawling!

 
At October 13, 2005 11:25 a.m., Blogger Homer said...

www.katkam.ca, even.

 
At October 13, 2005 11:51 a.m., Blogger christina said...

Thanks, Homer! I already have that one bookmarked. Wahhhhh!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.