Friday, September 16, 2005

make believe

Let's just pretend, shall we, that it isn't 10:35 a.m. already and that I'm not still sitting around in my (very stylish, thank you very much) flannel Winnie the Pooh jammies and flip flops, drinking my third cup of coffee (and I don't even drink coffee!)and feeling totally unmotivated.

It's pouring rain outside today after a week of sunshine. I need to go mail a birthday card and we're having friends over for dinner this evening. Paella is on the menu.

Better get cracking.

P.S. I was hoping to take some pictures of tonight's dinner, but my digital camera, like its owner, seems to be having some slight memory and focusing issues. Hopefully those will be resolved soon.

8 Comments:

At September 16, 2005 11:50 AM, Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Hmmmm...I've never had Paella before. I love Winnie the Pooh! *YAY* My copy of Annie Proulx 'Brokeback Mountain' just arrived!

I need my second cup of coffee...soon.

Mei, ia habsd Regen da oba? Hie unta hamma grad richtig dSonne! Dann koan dWiesn moing losganga! *LOL*

 
At September 16, 2005 7:12 PM, Anonymous haddock said...

Sounds like a lot of my mornings.......it always takes me ages to get going.
But somedays its good for the soul just to take it easy :)

 
At September 16, 2005 7:30 PM, Blogger jen said...

maybe you just need to veg out for a few days. Its hard with a family, but get a book and let the laundry go. Order out and give yourself a break.

 
At September 16, 2005 7:57 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Um... 10.55, second cup of tea, ditto. But I only have a few more weeks of indolence before I am forced into wage slavery by a return to England, so I don't feel too bad.

Later I plan to fondle some produce I haven't paid for and paint my imaginary bike fenders black. Live dangerously, eh?

 
At September 17, 2005 1:30 AM, Anonymous Garnet said...

You sound so cozy this morning!! How nice! :)
Hope your dinner is fun and yummy!

 
At September 17, 2005 4:37 AM, Blogger Sandra said...

Uh oh, I'm still in jammies and drinking coffee at 10:35 almost every morning. I consider it my just reward for raising 2 kiddos to school age.

 
At September 17, 2005 10:47 AM, Blogger Calamity Tat said...

You know when you fancy sprouts and the rest of your family don't! They didn't eat them! How was your dinner last night?

 
At September 17, 2005 5:21 PM, Blogger J said...

I'd love to be able to sit at home on a weekday at 10:35 and drink tea without worrying about lesson planning, classes, marking, etc.

Pipe dreams.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.