Thursday, July 28, 2005

Where were YOU when Elvis left the building for good?

I was having pigs in a blanket for breakfast and listening to the radio in a cheesy diner in Cache Creek, B.C. Really. Haven't been able to eat pancakes since without thinking of The King.

Anyway, because I know you're all just dying to know more about my completely unremarkable life (and because I STILL don't have anything to say), I stole this meme from Garnet's place:

What I was doing 10 years ago:
Dealing with (and rejoicing at) being 9 weeks pregnant with #2 on the first try, renovating our new (to us) house and trying to potty train a 2 1/2 yr. old. Can you say exhausted?

5 years ago:
Preparing for a month-long trip alone to Vancouver to attend my youngest brother's wedding. The Holy Terror was born 9 months later.

1 year ago:
Eating fresh crab and corn-on-the-cob at a beach house in Tofino, B.C.

Yesterday:
Cleaning the living daylights out of my house!

5 snacks I enjoy:
good cheese
Greek olives
sesame snaps
hummus
homemade salsa and chips

5 songs I know all the words to:
Oh geez, I don't know. Too taxing for my tiny brain.

5 things I would do with $100 million:
Move
Make sure my extended family was well taken care of
Buy and run a bed and breakfast
Give large amounts to charity
Move! Immediately!

5 locations I would like to run away to:
British Columbia
Washington State
Oregon
New Zealand
Scotland

5 things I like doing:
reading
cooking
surfing the net
gardening
driving my husband and kids insane

5 bad habits I have:
procrastination
being too impatient with loved ones
eating just because there is food available
not finishing what I start
obsessing about the little things

5 things I would never wear (again?):
bikini
thong panties on a regular basis
blue eye shadow
anything made of latex
army boots

5 TV shows I like:
TV in Germany is rubbish!

5 biggest joys of the moment:
my two wonderful boys
watching things actually growing in my garden
finally getting this place cleaned up
making new blog friends
knowing that there is always hope

5 favorite toys:
computer with internet access
digital camera
bread machine
food processor
husband

4 Comments:

At July 28, 2005 11:25 a.m., Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

I've done that Meme before on my LJ...going to try find it and post on my Blogger!

 
At July 28, 2005 11:43 a.m., Blogger In Actual Fact said...

Is "husband" at the bottom of the "5 favourite toys" list deliberately (hey, at least he made the list), or is it in reverse order?

 
At July 28, 2005 12:18 p.m., Blogger christina said...

Well, actualfactual, if you ask the husband, he'll say he's always at the bottom of the list. :-) He does all right for someone who's been in the game for 15 years, though.

 
At July 28, 2005 12:33 p.m., Blogger SwissTwist said...

Î love that you listed him as a toy!! I would do and say the exact same about mine!

Great meme!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.