Saturday, July 30, 2005

supersize me

I'm feeling like a big fat cow today. PMS hormones have come out to play, leaving me cranky, moody and 5 pounds heavier. Just kill me now, OK?

I DID, however, choose a 3-mile walk over a bar of chocolate this morning. Not like the other day when I inhaled an entire 100g of the divine stuff (well in excess of 500 calories, I would think) in the blink of an eye. I hate it when that happens.

So at least I've done my exercise. Now it's on to other exciting projects. Never a dull moment around this place, I tell you.

After a further phone call to Spain last night, we found out that our guests will be arriving in Germany on Wednesday, but will most likely be booked up with family visits until next Sunday. So that still gives me a week to learn Spanish. Olé! Turns out they also won't be sleeping at our place all that much, which is kind of a relief. It did feel good to get all that crap out of the guest room, though. I think I threw out about 4 garbage bags worth of ancient, ratty old bed linens, towels and festive Easter tablecloths (who uses tablecloths any more?) inherited from grandmothers the world over.

Our beloved Boy12 returns home from summer camp tomorrow. Mr. M and Oma will be making the trip to pick him up while Boy9 and I stay home (migraine prevention measure) to cook up something nice for him. The poor boy probably hasn't had a decent meal in two weeks. I'm sure he will also be very soggy due to the tremendous thunderstorms and rain showers we've been experiencing recently.

Boy9 and Mr. M will be returning from the flea market any minute. Must go dab a bit of Pine-Sol behind my ears to make it seem like I've been doing something productive. Think that'll fool 'em?

1 Comments:

At July 30, 2005 1:20 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Yuck - Pinesol.
But the PMS weight usually disappears as quickly as it comes. But only if you stay away from the chocolate ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.