Monday, July 25, 2005

is it dusty in here, or is it just me?

I'll be cleaning the house like a madwoman (11:47 a.m. - have done zip so far) today and for the rest of the week, probably (I'm slow), in preparation for our visitors. Mr. M put me in a monumental snit last night by not telling me what he and our friend D from Spain had talked about on the phone as to exactly when and how long they'll want to stay with us since they'll also be visiting D's parents and staying with either his mum or dad and step-mother for a while. We have quite a small house and I just can't imagine four people crammed into our guest room for very long. And of course Mr. M is being a giant jerk about helping get the house in shape. I think the silent treatment will be in order until at least Wednesday. Unless I get flowers. Lots of flowers.

6 Comments:

At July 25, 2005 2:11 PM, Anonymous LynnR said...

I wasn't sure how often you dropped by, and I did have your e-mail addy, so I thought I'd drop by to catch up on your life and let you know that I've moved my web space to: http://digitalgladrags.com/blog/index.php

Hope everything goes well with your visitors. :)

 
At July 25, 2005 2:27 PM, Blogger christina said...

Thanks for letting me know, Lynn.

I'm enjoying your beautiful photographs!

 
At July 25, 2005 3:48 PM, Blogger Philip said...

Hope you enjoy your guests. Silent treatments don't work. Tell Mr. M that you need his help and give him a list of things he can do to help you make the house fit for your guests.

 
At July 25, 2005 3:57 PM, Blogger christina said...

Hi Philip! Yeah, the silent treatment doesn't work, but it makes *me* feel better. I'll take your advice and draw up a BIG list for him to take care of. That'll show him. :-)

 
At July 25, 2005 4:51 PM, Blogger jen said...

zowy. Who's Philip?
Silent treatment works on Sparky but only because i can hold out longer than he can, about 10 minutes.

I use the same appraoch i use with kids. You can vacuum the house or clean the cat litter. Which one? funny how fast the vacuum is pulled out. Staubsauger btw, is my favorite german word.

 
At July 25, 2005 6:48 PM, Blogger christina said...

Jen - Philip is The Blue Sloth (link on my sidebar under "other blogs"). You MUST go visit him.

Yeah, the silent treatment only lasted until about 5 minutes after he got home. Then I started yelling again. ;-)

Staubsauger is a great word. I'm also very partial to Schraubenzieher.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.