Thursday, July 07, 2005

Auntie Gwen is alive and well

(No, I'm not ignoring the terrible goings-on in London. Just too shocked to say much of anything. Those bastards.)


***************

Got a snail mail letter from my dad today (he doesn't do e-mail) with some newspaper clippings from the ferry crash last Thursday along with this note:

Hi, I thought you might enjoy these pictures. "Auntie Gwen" was not damaged but I am selling her. No time to go boating.

Love, Dad



Auntie Gwen marked with an arrow.
(click on picture to make it bigger)


Yeah, you know how busy those pensioners are. Wanna bet he'll have a new boat by next summer?

5 Comments:

At July 07, 2005 8:57 PM, Anonymous Haddock said...

That was pretty close. The ferry isn't that far away from Auntie Gwen.

 
At July 07, 2005 11:13 PM, Blogger christina said...

I don't think she's worth much anyway - just a small fishing boat, but I heard that a bunch of expensive sailboats got smashed up really badly.

 
At July 08, 2005 12:41 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Hurrah for Auntie Gwen!

Sad that he's selling though!

 
At July 08, 2005 3:44 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Blimey - I leave Vancouver for a fortnight, and miss all the excitement!

I hope The Boathouse restaurant survived intact, I can't live without that place.

 
At July 08, 2005 7:42 PM, Blogger christina said...

Oh yes, the Boathouse is fine. It was just the one dock - about 30 boats, I think and B.C. Ferries' insurance will pay for it all.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.