Monday, June 20, 2005

oh to be buff

I'm feeling pretty energetic today (for me, at least) after managing to cajole my feeble self into a three-mile power walk with upper body weights this morning. Did it on Saturday, too, and will be aiming for another couple of walks this week. I've also upped my thyroid meds a teensy bit to see if that makes a difference in my energy levels without making me too hyper. I really need to get this exercise routine established not only for weight loss and muscle building but also because I'm at risk for osteoporosis after taking thyroid hormones for over 30 years. That kind of scares me sometimes. Another thing that scares me is looking at the shape my father-in-law is in after a life of little exercise, all the wrong foods and way too much alcohol. A walking zombie with myriad health problems directly related to his lifestyle choices. I don't want to end like that.

Well, our internet provider has finally decided to let our town enter the 21st century, so as of Thursday we'll be the proud owners of a brand spanking new DSL connection. It'll be so nice to have a flat rate instead of paying by the minute like we were before. This is going to cut down on the Internet Guilt Factor (aka Shouldn't You Be Doing Something Else Right Now?) considerably. Mr. M is very excited that we are going to be able to surf side by side. Is he kidding? I surf alone. I don't know who the genius was that decided that we should have two computers in the same room, but I don't like it one bit. Just try to concentrate with a 12 yr old sitting beside you with the volume turned up. I may have to get a lap top. Or one of those computers that doubles as a microwave or something.

We had a barbeque with our dear friends at our place on Friday night and our friend T was pretty depressed because the company he works for is on the verge of declaring bankruptcy and no one really knows what's happening. They've scheduled a meeting on June 30 where they're either going to let 40 people go or announce that they've found an investor and that things will be OK. We're crossing our fingers. With unemployment so high at the moment who knows if he would find another job at all.

Only 24 days until the kids have summer holidays and Mummy can stop getting up at the crack of dawn for 6 weeks! Nothing much planned for the summer but that's the way we like it.

And now a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.


anniversary flowers



Saturday's pretty roses in full bloom



almost on their way out

5 Comments:

At June 20, 2005 2:42 p.m., Blogger SwissTwist said...

Sounds like you had a really good weekend.

If you don't mind me saying, I've heard the more you excercise that it would also increase your energy levels, so good luck with regular walks. Heaven knows, I do struggle to motivate myself to walk as well.

The flowers are so pretty!

 
At June 20, 2005 3:37 p.m., Anonymous elemmaciltur said...

Oooooh, luvly flowers!

 
At June 20, 2005 3:49 p.m., Blogger Ms Mac said...

Oooh, get the laptop!

I try to walk as often as possible and it's true the more exercise you do, the more you need to do it. It's worth it in the end!

 
At June 20, 2005 11:20 p.m., Blogger Michele said...

I actaully look forward to my runs and work-outs...oh, and I have also been taking thyroid for over thirty years...so, yes, I know what you speak of.

 
At June 21, 2005 1:10 a.m., Anonymous Haddock said...

Thanks for reminding me. I have to make a doctors appointment to have my blood checked to see if my thyroid meds need changing. I didn't know about the osteoporosis thing either.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.