Thursday, June 30, 2005

the lesser of two evils

My internet was broken for about three hours this morning, thus forcing me to actually do laundry and other things that don't require a mouse. It's fixed now so I can get back to wasting time.

If things go as planned, Germany will hold a federal election in September. Since none of the candidates seem to be all that great, you can try your hand at building your very own Chancellor with the Chancellor Generator. Even though I've lived here for 15 years, I'm still officially an Ausländerin (a foreigner, and a female one at that ) so I'm not allowed to vote. They're perfectly happy to have me pour money into the economy, pay taxes and sweep the street in front of my house once a week, but they won't let me vote. Oh well.

Must go pick up Boy9 from his field trip now. It's pouring rain. Poor soggy little things.

8 Comments:

At June 30, 2005 12:44 p.m., Blogger Ms Mac said...

Poor Boy9 but yay! for a bit of relief!

Do you really have to sweep your bit of street? How odd!

Oh and Micele sent me so Hello! But I'd have been here eventually anyway!

 
At June 30, 2005 2:16 p.m., Blogger christina said...

Ms mac - Yes, by law we have to sweep a metre wide strip of the street along our property line. It's because it's too narrow for the street cleaning truck (or whatever you call it) to drive through without bashing a bunch of cars. We also have to have the street and our walkway cleared of snow by *7 a.m.* in winter. Zzzzzz!

 
At June 30, 2005 10:30 p.m., Anonymous rana said...

Talking about outsiders, I know that feeling, an Indian in Singapore, a stranger in a foreign land like Lee Hazelwood but with no Nancy Sinatra to take me by the hand! Glad to find your blog and want to read more. A small town in Germany just like in Le Carre? I will copy that Mystery Carrot Award too! Thank you!

 
At June 30, 2005 10:33 p.m., Blogger christina said...

Thanks for stopping by, Rana! Yes, where is Nancy Sinatra when we need her? :-)

 
At July 01, 2005 9:11 a.m., Blogger J said...

Happy Canada Day! I hope your maple leafs are flying high and proud. Take photos of the festivities for us.

Just curious, did the boys go to school decked out in Canada kit today?

 
At July 01, 2005 9:14 a.m., Blogger christina said...

Actually, Boy12 did have a Canadian t-shirt on today just by chance, but Boy9 is home sick with me so he's going to dress up later.

 
At July 01, 2005 9:31 a.m., Anonymous haddock said...

Happy Canada Day!

 
At March 01, 2006 6:40 p.m., Blogger cmhl said...

hahaha--- that is funny about having to do laundry instead of internet. hahah. you sound like me.

happpy Canada day!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.