Tuesday, June 21, 2005

James Bond gets all the girls

When I talk about my kids here it seems like I mostly talk about Boy9. It might look like I'm playing favourites, but I'm not. It's just that at the moment much of Boy12's pre-adolescent life is taken up by eating, sleeping, playing computer games or moaning about how much homework he has. He just doesn't say all that much. It's Boy9 who keeps us entertained with his antics. His big brother says he's better than television.

[Boy9 is on his way to bed. 'Never Say Never Again' is on TV. A youthful and sexy (for a Scotsman) Sean Connery works his magic on a scantily-clad vixen and the following conversation ensues.]

Me: Yep, James Bond gets all the girls.
Boy9: Ahhh! What are they doing?
Me: Oh, you know, kissing and stuff.
Boy9: Eeew! That's digusting! I'm never, ever doing that.
Me: You mean you're never going to have a girlfriend?
Boy9: Nope...but maybe a cat.
*****
Boy9: Look! James Bond has a tattoo! Why do people get tattoos, Mummy?
Me: I ask myself that question all the time. I guess they think it looks cool.
Boy9: Hmm. When I'm big I'll get a tattoo right here on my arm.
Me: And I bet I know what it's going to say: 'I love Mom', right?
Boy9: No, silly. 'I love SpongeBob' !!
*****
Guess you had to be there.

I'm off to the library in about an hour. My English group is much quieter since I kicked those two boys out. The mother of one of them confronted me in the school's stairwell a couple of weeks ago and I thought I was in for it for sure. Luckily she wasn't like some of the other √úberMommies you meet here who think their little darlings can do no wrong. I told her that her son was a nice kid and very smart but that he was disrupting the whole group and nobody was having much fun. She understood completely and didn't beat me up or anything. Very nice of her, don't you think?

9 Comments:

At June 21, 2005 2:06 p.m., Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Hahahaha! >>No, silly, 'I love Spongebob'!!!<<, that's hilarious...I'd probably make a face before cracking up laugphing.

 
At June 21, 2005 11:53 p.m., Anonymous Haddock said...

Was the mother actually purebred German? :) I tell kids off quite a lot that aren't my own, and have noticed that Germans dont do this. For instance a couple of days ago a few boys (aged approx 6) were going around everyone gardens stealing the liitle plastic reconigtion tags that everyone seems to have next to their plants. I could see neighbours watching the kids but nobody did anything, so I went out and had a little word with them....nice and humourous like, nothing heavy. My 6 year old daughter did shout at them though :) But why did the neighbours not say anything.....are they scared, or dont they want to be seen as the local arshloch by the Kids ( I dont care).
But German adults and kids do share the same trait, in that if they know they are in the wrong they cannot look you in the eye!
Incidently one of our neighbours later thanked my daughter for 'protecting her garden'
Sorry about the rant!
.....SpongeBob is very important for 9 year olds!....and it would be a really funny tattoo.

 
At June 22, 2005 12:22 a.m., Blogger J said...

'But German adults and kids do share the same trait, in that if they know they are in the wrong they cannot look you in the eye!'

Truer words have never been said about German adults, Haddock. There's nothing worse for a German than admitting they were wrong.

 
At June 22, 2005 8:20 a.m., Blogger Ms Mac said...

Haddock: " I tell kids off quite a lot that aren't my own, and have noticed that Germans dont do this." "German" speaking Swiss do, all the time! And they don't just stop at kids, I have been told off a fair few times as well!

But Mausi, loving the tales of your entertaining 9 year old! What do you mean by "For a Scotsman"? Do you not think a kilt is sexy???

 
At June 22, 2005 8:39 a.m., Blogger christina said...

ms. mac - of course I was just joking about Scotsman not being sexy. :-) I'm a sucker for a Scottish accent and I loooove kilts!!

Mr. Haddock - yes, she was a real German. I didn't really know what to expect but she was pleasant enough. I think sometimes people take the attitude around here that "kids will be kids" and especially "boys will be boys" and the children get away with an awful lot. Except we used to have an old neighbour lady who would yell at kids for just about anything. She's dead now so it's much quieter.

J - the little boy won't look me in the eye now. :-)

 
At June 22, 2005 12:21 p.m., Blogger Star said...

Hi Christins. Michele sent me. I am enjoying your blog. My daughter lived in Hanau Germany for 3 years.When she had to leave there I think she was homesick for Germany for a while.

 
At June 22, 2005 12:29 p.m., Blogger christina said...

Hi Star! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At June 22, 2005 1:36 p.m., Blogger kenju said...

Michele sent me.

I love the story about your boys discussing "kissing and stuff". It reminds me of when my kids were young.

 
At June 22, 2005 3:15 p.m., Blogger jen said...

hysterical. sparky and i cracked up over spongebob.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.