You know you're from British Columbia when...
My mother sent me this on the weekend:
You know you're from British Columbia when:
1.You know the provincial flower (Mildew)
2.You know more people with boats than air conditioners.
3.You know more than 10 ways to order coffee.
4.You feel overdressed wearing a suit to a nice restaurant.
5.You stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the"Walk" signal.
6.You don't consider it a real mountain unless it has snow on it.
7.You can point to at least two ski mountains, even if you cannot see through the cloud cover.
8.You notice "the mountain is out" when it is a pretty day and you can actually see it.
9.You know the difference between Chinook, Coho, and Sockeye salmon.
10.You know how to pronounce Squamish, Osoyoos, Ucluelet, Esquimalt, Sooke & Nanaimo.
11.You can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese,Vietnamese, Korean and Thai food.
12.In winter, you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark while only working an eight-hour day.
15.You are not fazed by Today's forecast: "showers followed by rain," and Tomorrow's forecast: "rain followed by showers."
16.You cannot wait for a day with "showers and sunny breaks".
17.You have no concept of humidity without precipitation.
18.You know that Dawson Creek is a town, not a TV show.
19.You put on your shorts when the temperature gets above 5°C, but still wear your hiking boots and parka.
20.You switch to your sandals when it gets about 10°C, but keep the socks on.
21. You have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain.
22.You think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists.
23. You recognize the background shots in your favourite movies& TV shows.
24. You buy new sunglasses every year, because you can't find the old ones after such a long time.
25.You measure distance in hours.
26. You often switch from "heat" to "a/c" in your car in the sameday.
27. You use a down comforter in the summer.
28. You carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them.
29. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit under a raincoat.
30. You know all the important seasons: Almost Winter,Winter, Still Raining (Spring), Road Construction (Summer) &Raining Again (Fall).
I miss you, B.C.!