Friday, May 27, 2005

No husbands were killed in the renovation of this room

Today we painted. It's very, very green, but Boy9 loves it. The new laminate flooring goes in tomorrow and then we're home free. Good thing too because the house is an absolute mess. More than usual, I mean.

The morning started off wonderfully when Mr. M. charged into the bedroom again after getting up at some outrageous hour.

Me: Whaa??
Mr.: Um, I wanted to get going. I guess I'll do it all myself then (and never let you forget it).
Me: No! I said I'd do it. Why didn't you wake me up earlier?
Mr.: I thought you wanted to sleep. I'm going to turn off the electricity now. I need to finish the outlets.
Me: But...but...I wanted to have a shower first.
Mr.: Well, you can have a shower, you just can't turn on the lights or dry your hair.
Me: *looks around for a carving knife which luckily we don't keep in the bedroom*

We eventually got the job done. Not a great job, but good enough. I am very big on good enough. It was such a hot day today. I was sweating the whole time and my bra straps kept slipping down (and we all know how annoying that can be) and I couldn't hoist them up all that often because I was wearing paint smeared gloves. AND I got paint on my shorts that I thought were covered by my painting shirt but weren't. Note to self: paint naked next time, it's easier.

2 Comments:

At May 27, 2005 11:18 p.m., Anonymous Crystal said...

Hello, Michele sent me...

Fun blog! Happy belated birthday, and good luck painting!

 
At May 27, 2005 11:55 p.m., Blogger christina said...

Thanks for visiting, Crystal!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.