Sunday, May 08, 2005

Mother's Day Madness

Happy Mother's Day! I was spoiled today with three beautiful bouquets of flowers and various other treats including some lovely scented bath products and a jar of stuffed grape leaves, my favourite. It was quite the improvement on last year's Mother's Day Incident where the kids weren't reminded about the whole thing and Mr. M. tried to get out of it by explaining to me that I wasn't his mother. I have forgiven that, but I certainly haven't forgotten it and he has learned to be a bit more thoughtful.

Despite being adored by all my men today, I was still feeling generally weepy and hormonal about various things and managed to have a few good cries while I spent hours folding (and folding and folding!) the laundry, so just imagine my suprise when I checked my e mail inbox and found this little gem waiting for me:

Your Daily Horoscope (courtesy of Astrocenter)

Whatever work you do today, Christina, may go more slowly than usual, as you are apt to be a bit distracted. You may be preoccupied with the past, especially with feelings and events you thought you'd long forgotten popping in and out of your head, affecting your mood in various ways. If you can, this might be a good day to concentrate on routine tasks that you can do automatically. That way you'll be as productive as always.

That about sums it up. Except for the productive part. Sometimes I wish I could just stay in the moment and take my life for what it is. Must work on that.

3 Comments:

At May 08, 2005 10:40 p.m., Blogger Christine said...

Glad this year was better than last! My husband "slipped up" on Mother's Day two years ago. (The last year he got me an ipod to make up for it.)

That "You're not my mother" crap just doesn't cut it!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

 
At May 08, 2005 10:43 p.m., Blogger ShoeHound said...

Well, a Happy Mother's Day to you!

Visiting via Michele.

 
At May 10, 2005 5:08 a.m., Blogger Bernadette said...

Your husband sounds creative! Yoga smooths out the hormones! I'm glad you had a good day...mmmm--stuffed grape leaves!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.