Thursday, May 26, 2005

Just when I thought my pants couldn't get any tighter

(started writing this before midnight - now it's way past)

Oh god, I'm so full. When Mr. M. said he was going to take care of all the meals today, he really meant it. First it was homemade waffles and fruit salad (lovingly created by Boy12) for breakfast. What seemed like only minutes later on the fullness scale but in reality was really around lunch time, I was presented with a giant roast beef/egg/bacon/tomato/lettuce baguette followed shortly by cake and coffee with the in-laws in the afternoon. The neighbours hopping over the fence for a glass of wine in the early evening offered some respite but then it was time to eat yet again: bacon-wrapped goat cheese, grilled tuna steaks and scampis, sesame noodles and a green salad. Strawberries and ice cream for dessert. And all this from a man who cooks about three times a year. I was so proud of him. Must go buy new pants tomorrow.

You know, I think this was the best birthday I've had since I moved here. Other years hadn't been so good or so restful for one reason or another. This time I could see that a lot of thought had gone into the preparations. I received many lovely gifts, but that wasn't it at all - it was the feeling that someone was really, truly making an effort on my behalf instead of just going throught the motions. I could get used to this.

2 Comments:

At May 26, 2005 7:33 AM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

I am salivating at while reading about your treats!

So pleased you had a good birthday, may you have many, many more!

 
At May 30, 2005 9:20 PM, Blogger J said...

awww, I missed your bday. Sorry about that. I'm glad it went to well for you. I had a birthday fiasco here last year and decided I wouldn't let that happen again this year, so I had mine in Spain. Great time.

Next year? I'll be staying here. Hopefully I'll be able to find friends to spend it with because it'll be a 'round' birthday for me.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.