Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Hang on a sec while I take off my wellies

Hey! It stopped raining for 5 minutes. Actually the weekend (three days because of Pentecost/Whitsun - Germans love their religious holidays) was pretty good weather wise, with sunny periods between the torrential downpour. I heard a German saying yesterday: "Wenn's im Mai viel regnet, ist das Jahr gesegnet." Rough translation: if it rains alot in May, it'll be a blessed year. Well, let's hope so.

I had a bit of time this morning so I scuttled down to the local supermarket to get a few things for dinner and snagged that little pot of herbs you see below. All organic and only €2.99! Frog not included. Most of my herbs usually croak (ha ha) on me so I'll see how these ones hold up.

In a matter of minutes I have to get on over to the elementary school library for my volunteer class. Two of the boys in last week's group were so awful that I'm afraid I'm going to have to kick them out. They're becoming increasingly disrespectful to me and to the rest of the group who are trying to enjoy the class and I don't think it's my job to yell at the top of my lungs every five minutes to get them to shut up. So out they go. People always tell Mr. M. and me how polite and well-behaved our boys are (in public, anyway - heh) so I'm thinking that teaching kids good manners must be the exception here judging by some of the behaviour I've seen. That's a shame. It's pretty much a "me first" society here and that really depresses me sometimes.

I better get going. I cooked up some whole wheat noodles for Boy9's lunch already because his classes get out the same time as mine ends. Having your kid get out of school at 12:45 p.m. every day really cuts into your free time, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright © 2005-2012 by 'Mausi'. All rights reserved. It's not nice to steal.